Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALSA 1.0.27 Released With Audio Improvements

Phoronix: ALSA 1.0.27 Released With Audio Improvements

Version 1.0.27 of the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) has been released for Linux desktop users worldwide...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Raring still ships with 1.0.25

apt-cache policy libasound2
    libasound2:
    Installed: 1.0.25-4ubuntu3
    Candidate: 1.0.25-4ubuntu3
    Version table:
    *** 1.0.25-4ubuntu3 0
    500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring/main amd64 Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    $

Comment

No changes to ctxfi? Aww

Comment

I love the information density of the headline. Audio improvements, how unexpected!

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          I love the information density of the headline. Audio improvements, how unexpected!
          Hey not every article about software updates are about improvements.

Anyways, I'm glad ALSA is putting a little bit more attention toward multi-channel support. But they still need to make it easier to set up surround sound.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Hey not every article about software updates are about improvements.

Anyways, I'm glad ALSA is putting a little bit more attention toward multi-channel support. But they still need to make it easier to set up surround sound.
            Agreed, perhaps by using a text based or GUI wizard for setting it up.

Comment

I'm glad Speaker Test is being improved. Since, you know, that's a really important feature, right?

Comment

Working...
              X