KDE Releases Plasma Media Center 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who made those ugly icons?
    Last edited by vvumgaay; 21 March 2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
      Hire freaking designers. Who made those ugly icons?
      I've never gotten this... just what is ugly about those icons? They look better than GNOME's and OS X's, I'd say they are more or less on par with Windows in that regard. If they really bother you that much though it's absolutely trivial to change them just go:
      Code:
      system setting/Configure Desktop -> Application Appearance -> Icons
      and switch them out with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        I've never gotten this... just what is ugly about those icons? They look better than GNOME's and OS X's, I'd say they are more or less on par with Windows in that regard. If they really bother you that much though it's absolutely trivial to change them just go:
        Code:
        system setting/Configure Desktop -> Application Appearance -> Icons
        and switch them out with something else.
        Unfortunately, There's few to none good icons on KDE (except maybe, Faenza).

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          What KDE achieves is a bad, unified experience for everyone. What they should be doing is a good, non-unified experience.
          Uh, what? KDE is pretty much the only one not doing a "unified experience". It now has 4 completely different interfaces for different situations. And if down the road they find they need to have different versions of plasma media center for different sorts of devices, they can do that too without much trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
            Unfortunately, There's few to none good icons on KDE (except maybe, Faenza).
            KDE and gnome follow the same icon spec, so GNOME icons should work for KDE.

Comment

I know how to change icons, i know that icons are created by Nuno Pinheiro, i know that KDE is not a company. Still the question is why they can't make sane nice looking default UI? And gnome's icons are a lot more elegant and beautiful. They seem to have no UI vision, all those keyboard accelerators by default, blue shadows, ugly icons, etc(yes, u can change whatever u want, but that's not the point) but still it's same geeky looking KDE. Shame.

Comment

Still the question is why they can't make sane nice looking default UI? And gnome's icons are a lot more elegant and beautiful.
                That is your opinion. A lot of people think that oxygen icons are better than the flat, bland Gnome ones. A Gnome port of the oxygen icon theme is one of the most popular icon sets on gnome-look, a number of companies (including Sony) have used one or more oxygen icons, and there are far more downloads for alternative Gnome icons on gnome-look than there are for alternative kde icons on kde-look, and the top android KDE-based themes are several times more popular than the top gnome themes.
                Last edited by TheBlackCat; 21 March 2013, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                  That is your opinion. A lot of people think that oxygen icons are better than the flat, bland Gnome ones. A Gnome port of the oxygen icon theme is one of the most popular icon sets on gnome-look, a number of companies (including Sony) have used one or more oxygen icons, and there are far more downloads for alternative Gnome icons on gnome-look than there are for alternative kde icons on kde-look, and the top android KDE-based themes are several times more popular than the top gnome themes.
                  Indeed. I find the whole theme very nice, be it Oxygen icons or Oxygen itself. The only thing I don't particularly like is that it's quite grey by default, but it's very easily changed.

Comment

Hire freaking designers.
                    Originally posted by Teho View Post
                    KDE isn't a company...
                    http://pledgie.com ? http://www.kickstarter.com ? KDE looks really horrible. I'll be more than happy to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by gedgon View Post
                      http://pledgie.com ? http://www.kickstarter.com ? KDE looks really horrible. I'll be more than happy to donate.
                      You sure? if you search "kde" "donate" on google the first page is... guess what, incredible!
                      They actually accept donations!
                      Help us create software that gives you full freedom and protects your privacy, and be a part of a great community

Comment

Working...
                      X