Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.1 Being Prepped For Release

Phoronix: Qt 5.1 Being Prepped For Release

The release of Qt 5.1 isn't too far out now...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Questions that I wanna ask

Hi there! Its exciting news. I've some questions that I'd like to ask to people out there with android development experience. Beforehand I'd say that I've no experience with java and do not plan to get into it.

1. I develop javascript/HTML and php/mysql applications for web mainly and I've some experience with c++/qt4.x. Does qt5 have web-like UI interfaces that I'd use to easily develop android applications?
    2. Can Qt5 on android gain momentum and become a viable alternative to other frameworks? (can I eat bread with it?)
    3. Does using opengl with qt make it easier to develop android apps with GL?
    4. Will I have to write some parts of the application in java or is it pure C++11/Qt awesomeness that just works dude on android?

Thank you in advance for your answers!
    Last edited by glxextxexlg; 19 March 2013, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
      1. I develop javascript/HTML and php/mysql applications for web mainly and I've some experience with c++/qt4.x. Does qt5 have web-like UI interfaces that I'd use to easily develop android applications?

2. Can Qt5 on android gain momentum and become a viable alternative to other frameworks? (can I eat bread with it?)
      Qt for Android, despite its pre-release nature, is already in use for many applications.
      Whether someone buys your proprietary apps, I can't tell. I won't.

Comment

4. Will I have to write some parts of the application in java or is it pure C++11/Qt awesomeness that just works dude on android?
        since the others haven't addressed this one I'll address it:
        yes You can do it in pure C++11/Qt

Comment

Working...
        X