Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Unity Existed Before The GNOME Shell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
    If you want to know when a piece of software 'existed', go and look for the code. I don't see why you think this is a weird thing to do.
    It excludes every previous work.

Comment

Originally posted by alexThunder View Post
      It excludes every previous work.
      If any claims were made about previous work, that would be relevant.

Comment

And? Gnome shell is the worst DE ever made. Unity rocks. Suck it up . And stop whining already!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
          And? Gnome shell is the worst DE ever made. Unity rocks. Suck it up . And stop whining already!!!
          The current conversation isn't about which DE sucks. Calling out facts is not whining.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            If any claims were made about previous work, that would be relevant.
            Like UNR?

But actually I was thinking of the planning phase i.e..

The current conversation isn't about which DE sucks. Calling out facts is not whining.
            Don't feed...
            Last edited by alexThunder; 11 March 2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Like UNR?

But actually I was thinking of the planning phase i.e..
              The claim that was made is that Unity existed before GNOME Shell. That is a factually inaccurate claim. UNR is a somewhat related but still separate project and no claims were made about UNR.

Comment

If by some freak chance Unity was in development before we're even aware, I'd argue that it doesn't really matter as they chose to disclose the project well after Gnome Shell was widely reported on, and publicly under development.

Comment

That is a factually inaccurate claim.
                  In how far public presence of LoC is "factually" equivalent to existence was subject to the last several pages (and still is).

Ingoring all this and starting all over again isn't making it any more factual.

Comment

In how far public presence of LoC is "factually" equivalent to existence was subject to the last several pages (and still is).

It's your turn. Show us any "fact" that says that unity "existed" in any way shape or form prior to any "fact" that gnome shell "existed" You are the one defending the claim so the proof is up to you. I am satisfied with AdamW evidence that he brought to the conversation as showing "factually" that gnome shell "existed" first.

Comment

Congratulations. I can't believe you actually got people to respond to your trolling for 6 pages.

This is how it's done, people.

Comment

Working...
                      X