Plasma 2 With KDE Frameworks 5 Looks Awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akka View Post
    Why don't phoronix trolls click on Larabells links? Kugler end the post with
    Probably because off site links that aren't in line ads are incredibly rare in Phoronix articles due to Larabel's ad whoring?

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
      Why is so much effort wasted on this kind of crap?
      There isn't. That just a speedily hacked together tech demo using existing Qt sample code. If you took just a minute of time to actually read the article, you would've known that!

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      you have to be the weakest troll i've ever seen, stop it, this became just sad
      Just add him to your ignore list and STFU! Any retard replying trolly is even more annoying than the troll!

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
        thank you for admitting KDEs only weapon is to drop a clustbomb on any gratis version of Qt. Killing of any GPLism is MAD. So no matter what freedom is fucked.
        Part of the agreement, Funk, is that the codedrop is BSD, but copyright is assigned to KDE. So they could just switch the entire thing over to (L)GPL in a heartbeat if they chose to. So no, "Freedom isnt fucked"
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Probably because off site links that aren't in line ads are incredibly rare in Phoronix articles due to Larabel's ad whoring?
          Best part; He knows how to make the KDE crowd do alot of clicks. Just write PERFORMANCE or AWESOME in head lines about KDE. They take the bait everytime. KDE is Digias bitch as the ubuntu lovers are Marks bitches.

Pro-tip: Fire up OpenOffice and mySQL on Kubuntu and you can be gang CLA-raped.

Comment

Why is so much effort wasted on this kind of crap? If you want to find something for the GPU to do get OpenCL working and make every app use it for a performance boost instead of wasting GPU cycles on stuff thats only amusing it you have the attention span of a cat.
            What part of "TECH DEMO" Did you not understand Kivada? It was said like 4 times in the article (not michaels, the actual one). All the video is doing is showing off what you can do with the new SceneGraph and how easy and fluid it is.

And you don't want openCL for everything-- the GUI should be done on the GPU since thats GRAPHICS, and the actual code should be done on the CPU. 2 processors doing 2 different things means neither one can lock up the other.

Comment

I see two drawbacks here:
              1. It needs a OpenGL capable GPU and(or) a driver doing as well.
              2. For now it is pure eyecandy which is nice but will this increase my personal experience, my work performance, KDE's performance, usability, stability? Will it interfere with other GPU hogs?
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                The Qt5 things require opengl, yes, but QtWidgets (Qt4) doesn't and they wont be removed until ATLEAST Qt6. And by then there really shouldnt be anything that isnt OpenGL capable..

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  2. For now it is pure eyecandy which is nice but will this increase my personal experience, my work performance, KDE's performance, usability, stability? Will it interfere with other GPU hogs?
                  It will slow down other applications which use OpenGL for something useful.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
                    CDE is open source nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
                      Or just use utilize resources that otherwise are sitting around doing nothing and have minimal if not no effect on other applications.

Comment

Working...
                      X