Vincent Untz Goes Over The Direction Of GNOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
    if there are so many people out there that love gnom3 then explain to me why even fedora (the only relevant distro that uses gnome3 as default at this point) is even considering switching ...
    It is a shame you never spent the 5 minutes understanding the fedora feature proposal system. Well the cinnamon as default DE was voted down. BTW feature proposals doesnt prove anything. A similar proposal of including FreeBSD was announced. Sure it was a joke, just like it is ajoke to consider cinnon worthy of being default.

Oh yeah and I like your way to judge gnomes relevancy. Im looking forward to you ACCEPTING gnome as your LORD the minute it is proven to be default i RHEL. Unless of course you will change your logic to keep you idiotic conclusions.

Comment

<Childish, offensive rant>
      I think Phoronix forums might be the only forum I've seen which actually needs the "Ignore user" feature... this guy makes funkSTAR seem almost polite.

Comment

yes you are right vim, everyone loved the anaconda UI

everyone loved fedora 18

and everyone loves gnome3
        I never said something like that. In fact, I don't like Gnome 3 either. But that does not mean that I have to spread things that are simply not true.
        You know, the ability of people to argue their case without name-calling and with supporting their point of view with facts is in general that what divides rational people from mindless zealots, in both camps, Gnome haters and Gnome lovers.

right after I stick my unprotected dick in your mother's aids infested cunt.
        So you are a Necrolover? My mother is dead for years and this makes you look really pathetic.

there you go: gnome users = tranny lovers
        Man, you just showed anyone what kind of a person you are.
        I still wonder how anyone can be so dumb to be incapable to see that they make themselves look like total idiots with what they write.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post

A typical iCrap user.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
            Oh man... What logic do some kind of people have to make such idiotic questions? The point wasn't about Canonical's moving away from Gnome which is a terrible desktop or rather "tablet".
            Anyway .. Claiming it was gnomes fault that Mark Shuttleworth decided it was more "fun" to develop Unity which is a CAed walled garden with Mark having the last word on any design decision would be stupid.

Gnome was too open and free to be overtaken like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
              Oh man... What logic do some kind of people have to make such idiotic questions? The point wasn't about Canonical's moving away from Gnome which is a terrible desktop or rather "tablet". It was about Unity's alternative. Unity's being incompatible with Gnome, using own API and some Android's display server is dangerous to typical Linux distributions, don't you think? Imagine how many great projects can be wasted by this: systemd, Wayland, Open Source graphic stack... Gnome by being such utter shit doesn't offer anything interesting and like I mentioned KDE lacks corporate support and it will be harder for it to fight alone. Some of the Gnome devs are selfish idiots, because they don't care about Gnome 2 users. It's a fact, because they said at lwn.net they don't make Gnome 3 for Gnome 2 users.
              Dude. Nothing personal, but your rants are so far out in left field and lacking any manner of logic and/or factual basis, you're wasting most everyone's time here.

Comment

So, &quot;has the GNOME community gone crazy?&quot;

Has the GNOME community gone crazy? Very nice question, indeed, granted their interface seems to be targeted for tablets rather than PCs and still no any tablets with gnome sold anywhere in the world

Comment

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
                  Has the GNOME community gone crazy? Very nice question, indeed, granted their interface seems to be targeted for tablets rather than PCs and still no any tablets with gnome sold anywhere in the world
                  Gnome is targeted at laptops. Laptops do come with touch screens. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                    Gnome is targeted at laptops. Laptops do come with touch screens. Get it?
                    Stop trolling in favour of GNOME please, it is getting ridiculus. Laptops with touchscreens are a fairly new development, GNOME didn't target them of course... In any way, Laptops using touchscreens aren't productivity oriented so by admitting that GNOME targets them then you are admitting that GNOME is designed for casual use, not heavy productivity... Thank you for telling the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
                      That you guys keep claiming that GNOME3 is "made for tablets" does not make it more true.
                      I think it is quite obvious that touch interfaces were considered. I give you that. But considering that GNOME3 is excellent to use on a desktop or laptop, the argument that it should have been aimed exclusively towards tablets is false.
                      I don't think current GNOME3 would work very well on tablets, but I think it would at least work a lot better than GNOME2.
                      And I don't see why having an interface that works well on both touch and keyboard/mouse would be a bad thing, as long as it doesn't suck at it. And I have already told you that I personally think GNOME3 works really well for desktops/laptops.

Originally posted by Pawlerson
                      Oh man... What logic do some kind of people have to make such idiotic questions? The point wasn't about Canonical's moving away from Gnome which is a terrible desktop or rather "tablet". It was about Unity's alternative. Unity's being incompatible with Gnome, using own API and some Android's display server is dangerous to typical Linux distributions, don't you think? Imagine how many great projects can be wasted by this: systemd, Wayland, Open Source graphic stack...
                      I agree that it's a worrying trend, and that's why I personally switched from Ubuntu.
                      Not sure I share your doomsday vision though.

Gnome by being such utter shit doesn't offer anything interesting and like I mentioned KDE lacks corporate support and it will be harder for it to fight alone. Some of the Gnome devs are selfish idiots, because they don't care about Gnome 2 users. It's a fact, because they said at lwn.net they don't make Gnome 3 for Gnome 2 users.
                      What is a "GNOME2 user"? Someone who likes the old traditional desktop? Then I think the fallback mode which was replaced by "GNOME classic" is a great example how they do care.
                      I still don't see why GNOME would have some sort of obligation to continue to do GNOME2, when they don't want to.

If you had a project, and was thinking of overhauling it quite heavily for the next version, would you never do it because some of your users might disagree? Would you keep doing your old code even though you think you could do much better?

Comment

Working...
                      X