KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best KDE ever

KDE 4.10 is the best KDE ever. RC3 was super stable for me. But now I found one little regression: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314520

Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      FACT: Qt is not protected by copyleft.

Consider that instead of pulling shit like what Linus uses. That changes quite often BTW.
      And this is bad why? Just goes to show that he is no fanboy, but rational and uses what is best.

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
        Can anyone confirm this?
        Simply lock your widgets (rightclick desktop -> lock widgets).
        Or reduce the height of your panel. From a certain maximum height the popup will not have the space to the screenedge anymore.

So seems to be "cashew" related.

Of course that are only hints for the kde devs
        You are allowed to use them in your bugreport

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
          ...and maybe report him for constantly breaking the first four forums rules.
          It's just sad that the forums where there are quite a few active open source developers answering questions happens to be essentially unmoderated. When a person posts over two hundred posts that all are flamebaits, rude and factually incorrect and doesn't get banned in a forum where those things are prohibited there's something wrong with the site.
          He is posting his opinions about Qt and KDE. He has right for different opinion. I agree with him many times. Some things are possibly factually incorrect, but not all. He is using profanity like many other users.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
            He is posting his opinions about Qt and KDE. He has right for different opinion. I agree with him many times. Some things are possibly factually incorrect, but not all. He is using profanity like many other users.
            Just a few notes. Teho is extremely biased.

Does he use profanities him self? Hell yes(pun intended LOL).
            Does he complain about other peoples profaniTies besides mine? No!

Profanities or not. He is just hating the fact that KDE made a big mistake going down the aisle with Qt and all it lack of freedom.

Comment

FACT: Qt is not protected by copyleft.
              Nonsense. It is LGPL, which is a copyleft license. Everybody using the LGPL version is bound by the LGPL.

You have an option to obtain a non-copyleft version for money, but it is still available under LGPL.

I know that you are a troll, but it is important to react to blatant lies like this because there are new users reading who might believe you.

Comment

First of all my wording was not "bad" it was more like "fucking piece of shit fucking freedom granted by copyleft".

Copyleft is lost when you are dual licensing on terms by the Qt CLA. QT can be closed up by the will of Digia. And KDEs counter measure is to pull the trigger on another anti-copyleft mechanism known as the Qt free foundation. KDE has the right to release Qt under a permissive license(non-copyleft). So yeah right now it is a stand by two entities capable of fucking freedom. While the stand off continues all the Qt shit is sold as commercial closed source shit.

And the irony to KDEs anti copyleft clause is that by pulling the trigger their now Qt-upstreamed framework goes non-copyleft as well. Thats scorched earth tactics harming open source.
                I'm sorry if I got you wrong but you say that KDE Free Qt Foundation and permissive non-copyleft licenses is are bad things? Well in my view closed-source = very bad, copyleft = bad, non-copy left permissive = good.
                Copyleft is a freedom restriction!!

Btw. pingufunkybeat said it right. There are two versions of Qt and one of them is copyleft. Digia does not have a mean for closing it. It just can stop developing it. You really seem to be a troll.
                Last edited by Grawp; 06 February 2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

KDE-Qt Free Foundation has the ability to release Qt under ANY OSS license of its choosing, if Qt were ever to be closed.

It's just that the thread of using something like the BSD license is the most effective way of preventing such a scenario. The current situation is quite good: lots of paid LGPL development funded by a few companies who want to integrate it into closed software. So the closed-source shops are funding our desktop. Perfect!

Comment

First of all my wording was not "bad" it was more like "fucking piece of shit fucking freedom granted by copyleft".

Copyleft is lost when you are dual licensing on terms by the Qt CLA. QT can be closed up by the will of Digia. And KDEs counter measure is to pull the trigger on another anti-copyleft mechanism known as the Qt free foundation. KDE has the right to release Qt under a permissive license(non-copyleft). So yeah right now it is a stand by two entities capable of fucking freedom. While the stand off continues all the Qt shit is sold as commercial closed source shit.

And the irony to KDEs anti copyleft clause is that by pulling the trigger their now Qt-upstreamed framework goes non-copyleft as well. Thats scorched earth tactics harming open source.
                    Not QUITE Funkstar, If Digia doesn't hold up their end of the contract-- that is to say, they dont keep release LGPL versions of Qt-- then KDE gets all of the Qt source under the BSD license with copyright assigned to them for that copy. So we would end up with with a Digia-Qt under a commercial, CLA license, and then a KDE-Qt under a BSD license, but since copyright is also transferred to them, they could then simply relicense all the code literally overnight to the GPL or the LGPL or any other license they wanted.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzler View Post
                      Just to prove that KDE is dying and nobody is intereted in using it:
                      http://www.damnocrazy.com/22/arc-ser...e-410-released
                      LOL I confess, I couldn't resist

Comment

Working...
                      X