KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rigaldo View Post
    Good luck with that other DE that keeps removing features instead of adding.
    Oops.
    Every DE removes features. Or are you denying KDE is doing it? Anyway that wasnt the point. The case is KDE is sure lacking the high level of feature gain seen at the competetion. Sure you can deny this. Phoronix is after all nothing more than a forum for neckbeards on meth.
    Last edited by funkSTAR; 06 February 2013, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      Every DE removes features. Or are you denying KDE is doing it? Anyway that wasnt the point. The case is KDE is sure lacking the high level of feature gain seen at the competetion. Sure you can deny this. Phoronix is after all nothing more than a forum for neckbeards on meth.
      LOL is that why you are here?

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
        "Phoronix is after all nothing more than a forum for neckbeards on meth"
        --> You write pretty often on Phoronix forums.
        --> You are apparently a neckbeard on meth.

Makes sense and explains a lot.

No, KDE is not removing features. If that's what you see, cut on the meth or whatever it is you take/drink, because apparently it's bad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          Sorry for feeding, but according to polls KDE has far more users than gnome. It's also in far better shape and I bet there's far more developers working on it. It also runs on tablets unlike gnome shell which thinks my PC is the tablet.
          funkSTAR is an obvious troll. You however, are the first to bring up GNOME in a post about KDE.
          So I would be a bit careful about accusing people for trolling.

Edit: I forgot: Good job, KDE! I don't use your stuff, but it's good to see that you are going strong!
          Last edited by kigurai; 06 February 2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
            Let's just hope they will not lose their mind like the others and turn KDE in another tablet UI....
            Oh sweet irony. KDE is raped by QMLism these days. Because the former owner of Qt decided so. Thats right; KDE have no choice but following the trend of whatever stupid non-linux, non-widget ideas surface from Qt. Right now it is declarative shit designed for phones and tablets which are pulled from Qts ass. Nobody knows about tomorrow. Maybe Microsoft will be in charge (again).

Secondly other DEs heading towards making 2013 laptops with touch screen work. Whats wrong with that? It is not about tablets per se. It is about fitting laptops anno 2k13.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
              I really believe that GNOME has lost its way, and its core developers are incompetent morons. I have been a long time user of GNOME and finally i decided to switch to KDE. KDE is not without problems, but at least they have a clear focus on the desktop.

GNOME targets a market it simply can't compete in. They do this in the hope that they will be able to earn a piece of the tablet/smartphone pie. They will fail. And Unity will fail too. They can't compete with Google or Apple, that is insane. And they will lose their installed base in the process. It is too late for them to admit they are wrong or reverse their course, so they will continue their destructive policies until all it remains from their projects is a Wikipedia article...

What i find lacking in KDE is Kwin. It's performance could be much improved. The GUI completely stalls after heavy I/O access, unlike the GNOME Shell. I believe the XCB support will help, we shall see. Other than that KDE is finally really stable and with plenty of features.

Let's just hope they will not lose their mind like the others and turn KDE in another tablet UI....
              Yes, KDE is not without problems. Personally, I would like them to hide or remove some barely used options like the ones we see in the Desktop Settings. It's too much complicated in my opinion. It's even worse when we set Folder View as a default.

Comment

Originally posted by kigurai View Post
                funkSTAR is an obvious troll. You however, are the first to bring up GNOME in a post about KDE.
                So I would be a bit careful about accusing people for trolling.
                I'm neither blind or stupid and I know his opinions about Qt, Gtk, KDE and Gnome. It's obvious to me that he's saying all of this by having Gnome in his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                  I'm neither blind or stupid and I know his opinions about Qt, Gtk, KDE and Gnome. It's obvious to me that he's saying all of this by having Gnome in his mind.
                  Add him to the ignore list. Problem solved.

Comment

I don't use the KDE desktop anymore.
                    But I do use some of the tools.

IMHO a great thing of 4.10 is the implementation of tiled rendering for okular.
                    This finally allows higher zoom factors than 4. At the same time it doesn't exhaustively
                    consuming memory by rastering full-page pixmaps, while only a tiny part of it is relevant.

Hope I can finally drop acroread.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      IMHO a great thing of 4.10 is the implementation of tiled rendering for okular.
                      This finally allows higher zoom factors than 4.
                      But okular limits its zoom to 1600%... At least you can zoom out more than "fit"

Comment

Working...
                      X