Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brosis
    replied
    People run from Microsoft. Microsoft old strategy - lock up everything and shit on every other platform. That failed. Microsoft new strategy - pursue the people to their new platforms.

I am more than sure that new "solutions" will be feature reduced on non-microsoft systems, will work with non-microsoft documents very badly and will do everything to advertize microsoft platform.

I am not expecting wonders from the shit company of this scale.

Leave a comment:

• petlab
    replied
    This has got to be an April fools. Just thinking about it causes a headache.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    If there isn't going to be one major fuckup in the near future (like the transition to Wayland etc.), I think Linux desktop *will* finally breakthrough. For real this time.

Just wanted to get that out before the upcoming "oh no! Microsoft is killing Linux!" posts.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    I guess this is good, but I'll stick to LibreOffice, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Microsoft Looking At Office For Linux In 2014

Microsoft Looking At Office For Linux In 2014

Phoronix: Microsoft Looking At Office For Linux In 2014

It seems thanks to the increasing market-share of Android devices and the rise of Linux on the desktop thanks to the many commercial Linux gaming initiatives that have been shared in recent months, Microsoft is being forced to take a serious look at Linux and a meaningful look at releasing their popular Office software for Linux in 2014...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI5MzU
Working...
X