X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staalmannen
    replied
    Thorvalds once said...

Thorvalds once said something like "when Microsoft starts writing software for Linux, I have won". I think he basically meant that he was not very interested in market shares etc, but that this would be a recognition that the platform had become important. Unfortunately I do not remember the context of the above standing quote.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    People run from Microsoft. Microsoft old strategy - lock up everything and shit on every other platform. That failed. Microsoft new strategy - pursue the people to their new platforms.

I am more than sure that new "solutions" will be feature reduced on non-microsoft systems, will work with non-microsoft documents very badly and will do everything to advertize microsoft platform.

I am not expecting wonders from the shit company of this scale.

Leave a comment:

• petlab
    replied
    This has got to be an April fools. Just thinking about it causes a headache.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    If there isn't going to be one major fuckup in the near future (like the transition to Wayland etc.), I think Linux desktop *will* finally breakthrough. For real this time.

Just wanted to get that out before the upcoming "oh no! Microsoft is killing Linux!" posts.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    I guess this is good, but I'll stick to LibreOffice, thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X