Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uid313
    replied
    Migrate from GSettings and dconf is great.
    Migrate from Python 2 to Python 3 is great.
    Migrate from GStreamer pre-1.0 to 1.0 is great.

But I don't like the GMenu.
    The GMenu is for GNOME Shell, and I think it sucks, I don't like it. I use GNOME Fallback session.
    To all users who don't use GNOME Shell the GMenu sucks, because it makes all GNOME applications suck when not using GNOME Shell.

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by moonlite View Post
    These are not the planned features for 3.8 but general code quality goals. Not particularly interesting for end users.
    True of some of them, but not all. Having sensible default names for print to file is a usability-related change, as are the desktop-file keywords and high-contrast icons. And the goal about notification sources is a bit of both - partly an infrastructure cleanup, but also about giving users control over which notifications they want to receive.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin_L
    replied
    Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
    It's kinda weird that the words "new features" and "end users" still come up in threads about new gnome releases.
    Yet the Gnome haters are always there

Leave a comment:

• dstaubsauger
    replied
    Originally posted by moonlite View Post
    These are not the planned features for 3.8 but general code quality goals. Not particularly interesting for end users.
    It's kinda weird that the words "new features" and "end users" still come up in threads about new gnome releases.

Leave a comment:

• moonlite
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic GNOME 3.8 Is Moving Along On Its New Features

GNOME 3.8 Is Moving Along On Its New Features

Phoronix: GNOME 3.8 Is Moving Along On Its New Features

Matthias Clasen has issued an update today concerning the progress of new features for the upcoming release of GNOME 3.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X