X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gamerk2
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    The point is to fix caught bugs quickly.
    Taking that logic to its logical conclusion: How can anyone make the claim their OS is "safer", since bugs that are not caught do not get fixed?

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
    That's Windows thinking right there. Isn't the point to catch these bugs quickly?
    The point is to fix caught bugs quickly.

Leave a comment:

• gamerk2
    replied
    Originally posted by markg85 View Post
    The 10 year old bug isn't very bad since apparently it went unnoticed for 10 years
    That's Windows thinking right there. Isn't the point to catch these bugs quickly?

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    From what I understand, it is essentially done now, but it wasn't done in time for the feature freeze so it didn't get in.
    Then I don't understand why the author didn't release it standalone.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Hopefully 4.11 will finally have a complete port of the taskbar: http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KD...1_Feature_Plan
    From what I understand, it is essentially done now, but it wasn't done in time for the feature freeze so it didn't get in.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    As per arch linux screenshots, because 4.10 has hit kde-unstable, I know that even though its marked as "In progress" it IS in release.
    No, it is not. Sorry.
    The widgets part of 4.10 which have been ported to QML are:
    ActivityManager, lcdweather, systemtray, comic, widgetexplorer, pager, weather, battery, konqprofiles, lockout, nowplaying, notifications, printmanager, calculator, konsoleprofiles, notifier

(located in /usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/packages/ and /usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/plasmoids/ under openSUSE)

Hopefully 4.11 will finally have a complete port of the taskbar: http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KD...1_Feature_Plan

Leave a comment:

• Adaptee
    replied
    Originally posted by orzel View Post
    But i'm saying this is far worse here with KDE. Worse than other projects, and worse than in KDE before. This is not just another random "bouh, they did not fix my bug".
    OK, then please show me one *big project* with the similar size to KDE that has better QA, so that I can see&learn how they are doing. Hint, can't be GNOME, since I have shown you the statistics that they are *even worse* in this topic.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    Where in the bug thread has it been marked WONTFIX?

You're the one trolling, I simply pointed out a bug in KDE and you call me troll? If you have nothing constructive to say just go away and shut the fuck up.
    Go into the bug report search "QML" every hit you'll get is regards to rewriting the taskbar into QML

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KD...0_Feature_Plan search "Task Manager" one of the hits is "Port Task Manager to QML" Marked as in progress

Michael's article on KDE 4.10 features: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTIwNTQ One of the listed features listed is "Rewritten task manager" (and btw systray)."

As per arch linux screenshots, because 4.10 has hit kde-unstable, I know that even though its marked as "In progress" it IS in release. Standard KDE procedure is any component that is the in process of being rewritten gets no bugfixes against the "legacy", especially if the new one is ABOUT to be released.

New Task manager IS about to be released in about 2 weeks, thats not even enough time for a 4.9.x bugfix release to be put out. The bug may not officially be marked as "WONTFIX" but its definitely implied by the situation.

If a version of the bug is still present in the new QML version then it may be fixed after that, but until the QML version is released and we see if the bug is still present or not that bug-- for all intents and purposes, is stalled.

Leave a comment:

• Ovocean
    replied
    Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    Three words for you.
    JOIN THE GAME [url removed to avoid post moderation]
    I don't use KDE but when I switch from Ubuntu to Mageia, I'll setup automatic donation to this distro.
    Though, crowdfunding and donating isn't the same. Crowdfunding offers more security: your money is used only if there is enough collected to do the job.

Leave a comment:

• Alejandro Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Now youre just trolling man, you bring up that same bug report everytime the topicof KDE's stability is questioned. And the answer is ALWAYS the same: that bug is WONTFIX because as of KDE 4.10-- currently in beta, the taskbar is being rewritten in QML so its very likely that bug will go away, and even if it doesnt then the issue will be very different so itll need a new bug report anyway.
    My answer to that bug is here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X