10 Year Old KDE Bug Finally Gets Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Hopefully 4.11 will finally have a complete port of the taskbar: http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KD...1_Feature_Plan
    From what I understand, it is essentially done now, but it wasn't done in time for the feature freeze so it didn't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
      From what I understand, it is essentially done now, but it wasn't done in time for the feature freeze so it didn't get in.
      Then I don't understand why the author didn't release it standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
        The 10 year old bug isn't very bad since apparently it went unnoticed for 10 years
        That's Windows thinking right there. Isn't the point to catch these bugs quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
          That's Windows thinking right there. Isn't the point to catch these bugs quickly?
          The point is to fix caught bugs quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Taking that logic to its logical conclusion: How can anyone make the claim their OS is "safer", since bugs that are not caught do not get fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              So why does kwallet still not unlock on login?

Another one from 2004?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                It's not a bug, it's a feature request.

Comment

Some people? would consider it a usability bug.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                    Some people? would consider it a usability bug.
                    Automatic unlocking of KWallet at login is almost as insecure as storing passwords in plaintext: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=92845#c129

If one does not want to be bothered by KWallet authentication requests, simply set no KWallet password and KWallet will silently open in the background when needed.

Comment

If I have no password set, anyone with physical/root access can open it, even if I'm not logged in, right?

If I have a password set but it is the same as my login passwort an attacker would need me to be logged in.

The problem is: I first type my password in the login manager and then immediately after that korganizer requests the kwallet passwort to sync the google calendar. Or maybe networkmanager needs the password for the wireless lan.

Gnome/gdm can do it. KDE can't. There were some patches floating around somewhere doing something with pam but nobody bothered to implement it in kwallet directly because ksecrets/ksecretservice would be replacing kwallet anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X