Direction Of GNOME To Be Discussed Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by developer View Post
    Those preferring KDE, are for a big surprise in KDE 4.10.

The minimize/maximize/close buttons have moved to the left, the window title has moved to the right, and there is a new menu on left, that is vertical like GNOME's.

Personally, I suggest all people that ask me, to use XFCE, until LXDE is finished. Myself am using Lubuntu with LXDE.
    Links & proof or youre just a troll. Judging from post count and your name, im guessing troll until proven otherwise.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by kdekorte View Post
      1. The blatant rip off of the Mac interface, they need to stop that. Things like the application menus on the top and much of the look and feel has a heavy Mac influence. They need to stop this, because if I wanted a Mac I would go buy one. The application menu on the top annoys me to no end and I don't want it.
      I use KDE personally but I've tried Gnome-Shell before and I have to agree with Schmidtbag. Unity is OS X with the Dock shifted over to the left side. Gnome-Shell on the other hand is something else entirely and my experiences playing around with Windows 8 lead me to believe that both Metro and Gnome-Shell are pulling off of the same design school/document that seems to be embracing the idea of simplicity through obfuscation (EULAs being a perfect example of this. EULAs are way too complicated to read without a lawyer on hand to advise you so people are just going to click next therefore it's "simpler"). But you'll note the Windows 8 and Gnome-Shell operate in pretty much the same fashion even if they're rather different in their implementation. Which points to them operating off the same idea rather than Microsoft copying off of Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Links & proof or youre just a troll. Judging from post count and your name, im guessing troll until proven otherwise.
        That and with KDE even if they changed the defaults, you can easily reconfigure window decorations positioning. I use KDE and I don't even have a maximize button, minimize is on the extreme left, close is on the extreme right. Toggle maximized is just double click title.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          If you look at my profile, I have a link to my website.

Regarding KDE 4.10, google "kde 4.10", and then select the video category in the results. :-)

Comment

Those preferring KDE, are for a big surprise in KDE 4.10.

The minimize/maximize/close buttons have moved to the left, the window title has moved to the right, and there is a new menu on left, that is vertical like GNOME's.
            If that is actually true, it's still not a problem. Click, click, and it's gone, back to the way you want it.

You could always put the buttons where you want them in KDE, if you didn't like the default.

Comment

Regarding KDE 4.10, google "kde 4.10", and then select the video category in the results. :-)
              Check this for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYJZrHgfjks

Comment

I tried the rc of 4.10 the latest week. The default is exactly as before. You can move the buttons and menu as you like, but the default is not changed.
                Last edited by Akka; 18 January 2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Just because one user has changed his settings doesn't mean that KDE has changed its defaults... Just that you know, it has not.

Comment

I am not running KDE 4.10, however I found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYJZrHgfjks,

after reading this article:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

I am not running KDE 4.10, however I found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYJZrHgfjks,

after reading this article:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTI3Mzk
                      Nothing in either the article or the video points to any change in the defaults. The positions of the buttons is user configurable as is the position of the menubar. The defauls have not changed and it shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X