Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightworks Re-Opens Its Linux Alpha For Testing

Phoronix: Lightworks Re-Opens Its Linux Alpha For Testing

Lightworks, the professional non-linear video editing software that has been talked about for years as coming to Linux, is re-opening its Linux Alpha program to solicit additional testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Liars!

They promised an Open Source version, then lies.

Now they want to sell the propietary version on Linux, but nobody cares about it.

Obviously they are desesperate to attract market, but they are failing.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      They promised an Open Source version, then lies.

Now they want to sell the propietary version on Linux, but nobody cares about it.

Obviously they are desesperate to attract market, but they are failing.
      There will be source code. I looks like it will be more open core though.
      As for nobody caring, this is one of the most watched and wanted ports to Linux. The first actually useful professional video editor. Something Linux does not have. All the open source ones are shit. They are fine for simple things, but not for any complex pro stuff. Only kdenlive comes even close.

Comment

THEY FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW???????????

This area is restricted
        Last edited by Pallidus; 10 January 2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I GOT INNNNNNNNNN

suck it bitches

now to edit my gay prons

Comment

It's open for the next 100 minutes.

Comment

So in order to actually edit any real video formats, you have to buy a license that expires after a year, so they hold your past creations hostage with their annual license fee?

That's why there's no source code -- they know someone would bolt on FFMPEG and skip the license altogether.

Comment

Well, it's nice to see them expanding the program.

There were some good fixups in the initial alpha-testing (although, the holidays were obviously pretty quite), so it's nice to see things progressing.

I haven't gotten an email about a new release yet, so i assume they are opening the program to others on the current build that i have installed.

Comment

crashes in 13.04

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
                    I hope you weren't expecting to solve your problem using a screenshot in the phoronix forum

You know what would be smarter??? --> Actually looking at lightworks log files;

/home/USERNAME/Lightworks/Logs

..and actually doing what you are supposed to be in an alpha-program ~ finding the issue and either a). figure out how to fix the problem and/or b). goto lightworks linux forums report the issue...

that would make far more sense

Comment

Working...
                    X