Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10 Desktop Delayed Into February

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #71
    Originally posted by schmalzler View Post
    Hu? When got akonadi rejected?
    It has problems, for sure. I completely wiped all nepomuk+akonadi from my disk, as it caused headache to me - but many people are happy with it, and it also seems to work for them.
    Nepomuk has nothing to do with Akonadi and Akonadi itself works just fine. Maybe a plugin for Akonadi is buggy but Akonadi itself is not these days.

    Comment


    • #72
      Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      Nepomuk has nothing to do with Akonadi and Akonadi itself works just fine. Maybe a plugin for Akonadi is buggy but Akonadi itself is not these days.
      It is supposed to be the nepomuk plugin for akonadi that was causing much of the trouble, but this has apparently been fixed for 4.10 (in fact that fix was one of the two fixes that resulted in this delay).

      Comment


      • #73
        Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        Something the GNOME devs would never do with their Adwaita theme in return, just as they never modified GTK in the way that it utilizes KDE?s superior open/save windows when running under Plasma Desktop.
        And don't forget how they outright rejected patches that would have supported the new FDO notification standard, for the explicit reason that they want to force application developers to user their own non-standard alternative.

        Comment


        • #74
          Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Luckily you are once again wrong because GStreamer is a steaming pile of shit. Any framework that randomly stops playback can't be taken seriously!
          No. It was a bug, and it was fixed a while ago.

          Comment


          • #75
            Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            No. It was a bug, and it was fixed a while ago.
            I'm delighted to read that a media playback framework can again play media files.
            So after first long periods of everything using GStreamer segfaulting all over the place for me and later losing the ability to properly play back media files, GNOME?s NIH answer to MPlayer and VLC is once again roughly competitive ? at least on Linux. AWESOME!

            Comment


            • #76
              Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              I'm delighted to read that a media playback framework can again play media files.
              So after first long periods of everything using GStreamer segfaulting all over the place for me and later losing the ability to properly play back media files, GNOME?s NIH answer to MPlayer and VLC is once again roughly competitive ? at least on Linux. AWESOME!
              If you laid it on any thicker, we'd suffocate.

              Comment


              • #77
                Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                I'm delighted to read that a media playback framework can again play media files.
                So after first long periods of everything using GStreamer segfaulting all over the place for me and later losing the ability to properly play back media files, GNOME?s NIH answer to MPlayer and VLC is once again roughly competitive ? at least on Linux. AWESOME!
                That bug only affected Amarok, and only when PulseAudio was active, and only when an OGG track was played after an MP3, and even then all it did was pause the playback...

                Comment


                • #78
                  Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                  It is supposed to be the nepomuk plugin for akonadi that was causing much of the trouble, but this has apparently been fixed for 4.10 (in fact that fix was one of the two fixes that resulted in this delay).
                  Really? Addressbook in kmail finally working?
                  https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=259949 (the last comment suggests it is not yet fixed)
                  https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=254126 (do you notice some progress with 4.10?)
                  nepomuk/virtuoso not burning down the cpu anymore, when something weird happens while indexing?

                  Comment


                  • #79
                    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    That bug only affected Amarok, and only when PulseAudio was active, and only when an OGG track was played after an MP3, and even then all it did was pause the playback...
                    I don't use Amarok, I always completely deactivated PulseAudio, and it didn't/doesn't only affect OGG files (I didn't find a pattern or I would've reported it). Seems you're referring to another, similar bug.
                    I won't find out in the foreseeable future if ?my? GStreamer bug was fixed or not. I won't switch again just because somebody somewhere thinks that GStreamer is the superior solution as VLC simply works here.

                    Comment


                    • #80
                      Originally posted by schmalzler View Post
                      Really? Addressbook in kmail finally working?
                      https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=259949 (the last comment suggests it is not yet fixed)
                      https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=254126 (do you notice some progress with 4.10?)
                      nepomuk/virtuoso not burning down the cpu anymore, when something weird happens while indexing?
                      For the first bug, it was reported not working in 4.10 rc1, but the nepomuk fixes were not implemented until 4.10rc2, so I can't really say. The second one isn't even confirmed for 4.9.1 (where there were a lot of fixes), not to mention 4.10, where the indexer has been completely rewritten. As for your last question, one of the goals with the new indexer was to avoid problems when the indexing goes awry.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X