Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome 3.5 Window Manager Released

Phoronix: Awesome 3.5 Window Manager Released

Awesome, the dynamic X window manager written in C and Lua that started off as a fork of dwm, is out with its version 3.5 "Last Christmas" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Mayans NEVER predicted the end of the world.

It's not their fault that some mental deranged pseudo-scientists/religious_fanatics distorted the meaning of their writings for the convenience of those mental deranged believes.

Mayans simply predicted the end of a cycle with lot's of changes and nowhere is written that the change will happen as fast a light bulb switching...and we indeed are on the verge of big changes...starting with climate changes....the change actually started some years ago but taking in account the size of that Mayan cycle, it's like a blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
      The Mayans NEVER predicted the end of the world.

It's not their fault that some mental deranged pseudo-scientists/religious_fanatics distorted the meaning of their writings for the convenience of those mental deranged believes.

Mayans simply predicted the end of a cycle with lot's of changes and nowhere is written that the change will happen as fast a light bulb switching...and we indeed are on the verge of big changes...starting with climate changes....the change actually started some years ago but taking in account the size of that Mayan cycle, it's like a blink of an eye.
      hmm I dont agree to that so much... I as a german guy think that climate change through co2 is a overrated problem. I mean where is the big problem, plant a few plants and they transform co2 to o2 and its not like we did replace 5% of the atmosphere with co2 its more like 0.01% or something like that... I did not find any proof that this change directly cause an effekt to global warming... its more like we see there is global warming yes... but we cant link them in a scientific way as a reason. Its maybe a coellition... its like they say crime in america is primary gone down because of harder police law, its pretty much profen now that the main cause was less unwanted children because of the pill in the 70-80.

Its basicly a religion, I mean you can belive on something and it can be true anyway ^^ but is it really what we want to replace one religion (or several) with another one?

The bigger problems today with oil we have is that man get poisend from it, because we eat in as plastic, and this plastic as all over the world it swimms in our sees and it will stay there even if we would stop using it for thousends of years or maybe even million.

I think the end of the "world" or better of the human will be a totaly steril men, and lower and lower reproduction rates, because we eat plastik....

I did write men, because our bodies interpret this plastic atoms like oestrogens... so man gets to much of it and get steril from it...
      Last edited by blackiwid; 25 December 2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X