No announcement yet.

The Steam Linux Client Is Now Available To Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my only problem with it now is alot of games that they have that do have native linux clients arent available yet. I'd re purchase several games if they would add the linux client to the list. The other thing is that it doesnt do any dependancy checking. I've had to install several needed dependancies, but didnt get any indication from steam at all what was needed. Of course desura has the exact same problem, so it isnt exclusively a steam issue.

if the game spits an error about missing a library, then steam should let the user know.
    Last edited by duby229; 23 December 2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      my only problem with it now is alot of games that they have that do have native linux clients arent available yet. I'd re purchase several games if they would add the linux client to the list. The other thing is that it doesnt do any dependancy checking. I've had to install several needed dependancies, but didnt get any indication from steam at all what was needed. Of course desura has the exact same problem, so it isnt exclusively a steam issue.

if the game spits an error about missing a library, then steam should let the user know.
      I do agree but if I understand things right, you already can.

To start teamfortress 2 on suse I need to

first type
      export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa
      SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa steam

the second command creates allot of data, which because I am not a coder, I do nut fully understand but,
      it tells you if it cant find something.

Comment

Working...
      X