Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 For Linux

Phoronix: Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 For Linux

Adobe has released an update for their Acrobat Reader product on Linux and SPARC Solaris. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Solaris and Linux features a new user-interface, improved performance, single document interface mode, and an always-available search toolbar. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Linux also features better desktop integration through complying with XDG-UTILS as well as support for Debian (deb) package installation. Some of the other new features include supporting multimedia-enabled PDF documents, new tools, updated review tracker, Orca accessibility support, and new additions to the digital ID feature are among the noteworthy improvements.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully this time around proper support for newer GTK is in place, and it won't eat 100% CPU on startup and will actually shut down on my box... Still I think I'll give it a try.

Comment

cannot get HTML rendering

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 For Linux

Adobe has released an update for their Acrobat Reader product on Linux and SPARC Solaris. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Solaris and Linux features a new user-interface, improved performance, single document interface mode, and an always-available search toolbar. Adobe Reader 8.1.1 for Linux also features better desktop integration through complying with XDG-UTILS as well as support for Debian (deb) package installation. Some of the other new features include supporting multimedia-enabled PDF documents, new tools, updated review tracker, Orca accessibility support, and new additions to the digital ID feature are among the noteworthy improvements.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11021
      Hi,
      I have followed your instructions on getting the HTML rendering working but nothing seems to fix it. The file in question already resides in the default directory /usr/lib64/xulrunner-1.8.1.4 but adobe does not seem to recognise this. I have even copied to a different directory and adobe accepted that it is there but still refuses to use it on start up. Is there something i have missed?
      Thanks
      Andy

Comment

I am not too sure about your problem, but it could either be a corrupted file, or it could be a problem related to x86_64 architecture. Take this with a grain of salt, but just wanted to help.

Comment

Well, just installed it and runs flawlessly, fast, no excessive CPU usage, no problems when closing the program either. And for a 32-bit program, it works pretty much flawlessly on my 64-bit Fedora 7 installation.

Comment

Hi,

Version 8.1.1 is already available on www.debian-multimedia.org repositories.

Comment

Working...
            X