Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Since always
    Actually since Amarok 2.2 it was the most awaited feature of this release. Ability to customize players layout. with all the elements being widgets you a move around, tab or remove.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      Since always
      So how do i do it? Ive removed all the 'applets' but the applet pane is there still and theres no button in the UI or in the options to remove it either.

Comment

Rightclick on menu ro playback- conntrols bar and uncheck "lock layout"
        Then you can uncheck elements you don't wanna use, in our case that would be context. Also on each removable widget there are two buttons, one to undock it and other to close widgets.
        Also you can drag applets arount to create your own layout, just like yo can do it with panels in Dolphin
        Playback bar is movable, 'tho you can't remove it (for obvious reason)

Comment

Go to the main menu bar and click on View -> Lock Layout to unlock the layout. Then there should be a title bar with an [x] button on the top-right of the context window. Click on it to close it and lock the layout again with View -> Lock Layout.

Comment

Here's how looks mine

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
              Thank you both. Yes, qmmp is the kind of player I was referring to (small interface). But I really feel comfortable with Audacious which was the first one I used many years ago and I have not problem using gtk things. Audacious also uses Winamp 2 Skins.
              Thank you.
              As qmmp does as well

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                As qmmp does as well
                You mean what I have said about the skins? I know that, sorry for my English. The "also" was in response to Pawlerson. I meant Audacious uses Winamp skins too, as does qmmp (or It's WinAMP like Linux too).
                Anyway, I'll try qmmp when I have a little more time.
                Last edited by YAFU; 16 December 2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                  Go to the main menu bar and click on View -> Lock Layout to unlock the layout. Then there should be a title bar with an [x] button on the top-right of the context window. Click on it to close it and lock the layout again with View -> Lock Layout.

http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manua...ChangingLayout
                  Wow! A menu item and a help page! Where's that guy that likes to complain about "configurism"? His brain must have shrted on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno View Post
                    Actually since Amarok 2.2 it was the most awaited feature of this release. Ability to customize players layout. with all the elements being widgets you a move around, tab or remove.
                    The question was solely about the lyrics widget and while it was initially not possible to remove the widget container in the middle, it was possible to add and remove individual widgets. Just compare the two screenshots on http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.0 ? the lyrics widget is replaced by the Magnatune widget in the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                      What happened to the horrible lyric thing in the middle?
                      I removed it. I'm not adverse to it, it's just, like you said, sort of horrible and handles fonts really bad, so it ends up a hot mess 90% of the time. If they overhauled how it looks, I'd use it. Actually I'd prefer they split the individual widgets into separate panes instead of trying to cram everything together. I like the idea a lot, it's just not attractive as it is right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X