Why KDE Is Great For Gaming On The Linux Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoTuLoX View Post

Really, that's how Linux works, we should have tools, but it's up to the the people to use them.
    YES! Agreed! The freedom of choice! But it saddens me that sometimes, I HAVE TO use tools to make something work at all. It's not my choice
    But yeah, I agree with you.

This kind of goes hand in hand with what Serafean said, which I also agree with to some extent. Maintenance could be looked upon as something you need to do in order for something to work, (e.g. new drivers to run the game).
    But that wasn't really my point though. :P

But anyway, I think we have found some kind of conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Shahrizai View Post
      YES! Agreed! The freedom of choice! But it saddens me that sometimes, I HAVE TO use tools to make something work at all. It's not my choice
      But yeah, I agree with you.

This kind of goes hand in hand with what Serafean said, which I also agree with to some extent. Maintenance could be looked upon as something you need to do in order for something to work, (e.g. new drivers to run the game).
      But that wasn't really my point though. :P

But anyway, I think we have found some kind of conclusion
      Just something to add to all that.

Maintenance is something that's cool the OS (Linux) does for you up to the point of "not messing with your tools".

Windows, on the other hand, only gets slower and slower with time, and you either have to start anew or use third party tools like TuneUp or CCC.

Comment

There's a window rule called "Block Compositing." When set, KWin will disable compositing when any window marked is created, and will resume compositing automatically when the window is closed.

Alt+Shift+F12 is fine, but I'd rather mark the application and never have to deal with disabling and enabling compositing.

Comment

Working...
        X