The 2012 GNOME User Survey Begins, Take It Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardboard View Post
    It was never properly explained to me why I had to have a 2ft long panel on the screen, and the only useful thing I'm allowed on it is a clock right smack dab in the center.

I have a 27" monitor, I want my desktop to treat it like a monitor... not a 27" phone.
    hmm, my panel is full of usefull things. i actually removed again some of them cause it felt overloaded. like on gnome 2 and on more or less any other os you can add kind of widgets or here called extensions into it

though, as this is still a work in prgress regarding feature richness, there aren't too many available yet. but enough for my tast.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboard View Post
      It was never properly explained to me why I had to have a 2ft long panel on the screen, and the only useful thing I'm allowed on it is a clock right smack dab in the center.

I have a 27" monitor, I want my desktop to treat it like a monitor... not a 27" phone.
      I'm also confused by the top bar... I use GNOME on a 15" laptop and having a top bar (which has very limited functionality) and a maximized application bar (which also has very little functionality) is a terrible waste of screen space. Wouldn't it be wise to merge the two?

Comment

Working...
      X