Ubuntu Looks To An SDK, Improved App Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akka View Post
    The thing with Eclipse and netbeans etc is that many windows and mac developer allready use them. Few learn a ubuntu specific (or linux specifik but as we speak about a Ubuntu specifik SDK...) IDE if you allready use Eclipse. If your work is development the cost for a decent computer that run Eclipse with decent speed is nothing.
    Did you even read what I said? My point was that we should develop towards more efficient DE's and _not_ towards more demanding ones, even though computers might develop on.
    To make it even clearer, we don't drive cars intentionally more than we would, because we are focused on efficiently using the ressources we are given. Everything beyond that is waste.

Comment

Originally posted by frign View Post
      Did you even read what I said? My point was that we should develop towards more efficient DE's and _not_ towards more demanding ones, even though computers might develop on.
      To make it even clearer, we don't drive cars intentionally more than we would, because we are focused on efficiently using the ressources we are given. Everything beyond that is waste.
      lol. Maybe its not a coincidence that Eclipse and Netbeans is the two most feature complete IDEs on linux.

Comment

Uh huh. That extra second you spend launching the app obviously matters so much.

Comment

Working...
        X