Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.5.15 Fully Supports Layered Windows

Phoronix: Wine 1.5.15 Fully Supports Layered Windows

The latest bi-weekly Wine development release in the 1.5 series adds in a couple new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this vulnerable to the security flaws fixed in Firefox version 16.0.1?

Comment

I guess the big question is, does it make Guild Wars 2 run better. I'm yet to own the game but I think that will be the point people want to know about.

It seems to run EverQuest 1 much better.

Comment

I'm also interested about GW2 - but I'm also a Crossover customer, so I'm certain it'll work fine on release

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
          I'm also interested about GW2 - but I'm also a Crossover customer, so I'm certain it'll work fine on release
          I just tried guild wars 2 with wine 1.5.15 and there is very little change in terms framerate improvements. I get around 30 fps on i7-2600K with 8 GB of RAM and a Nvidia 580 GTX. According to the bug reports on winehq, the problem seems to be the lacking support of multicore processors in wine.

Comment

I never saw such a f**k up

WINE 1.5.14 works extremely well and this garbage is constantly locking installers of basic thins like VC , PHYSX , YOU name it

WORSE, it's completely RANDOM

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              I never saw such a f**k up

WINE 1.5.14 works extremely well and this garbage is constantly locking installers of basic thins like VC , PHYSX , YOU name it

WORSE, it's completely RANDOM
              Hmmm, Yes you'd almost feel it was a development release

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
                Hmmm, Yes you'd almost feel it was a development release

Bob
                Well, yeah, but so is 1.5.14 and works flawless....someone screwed this release big time

...and i bet it's all because of layered windows...

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
                  Well, yeah, but so is 1.5.14 and works flawless....someone screwed this release big time

...and i bet it's all because of layered windows...
                  You've obviously got a selective memory... I recall Wine 1.3.20 being one of the most specatular fails ever

The rule of thumb is always keep an older/non-development version of Wine kicking about - for doing real stuff

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
                    You've obviously got a selective memory... I recall Wine 1.3.20 being one of the most specatular fails ever

The rule of thumb is always keep an older/non-development version of Wine kicking about - for doing real stuff

Bob

I have

1.5.15 (erased now)

As for 1.3.20, LOL , i forgot that one...i was so pissed with it that i reinstalled WinXP

...but that is all part of a dark period in my life

Comment

Working...
                    X