Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.6 Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.6 Released

GNOME 3.6 has been formally released today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

[Uneducated rant from 2009] there you have it. We cant have a GNOME release without the rants. Now I spared you ranters a few minutes so you can go and do your #real_work.

Ps. Great release btw. Congrats.
    Last edited by funkSTAR; 26 September 2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

would be nice to have a screenshot in the article

Comment

Phoronix, I know this is part of your business idea, but I think this ridiculous amount of backlinking is sometimes so pointless. You don't have to backlink *everything*. It'd be cool if that GNOME 3.6 link would actually link to the GNOME homepage. A matter of convenience when reading news and normally a globally accepted thing. I would think.

Or at least, differentiate in colour between external and internal link so I know what to *not* click on without having to hover on.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
          Phoronix, I know this is part of your business idea, but I think this ridiculous amount of backlinking is sometimes so pointless. You don't have to backlink *everything*. It'd be cool if that GNOME 3.6 link would actually link to the GNOME homepage. A matter of convenience when reading news and normally a globally accepted thing. I would think.

Or at least, differentiate in colour between external and internal link so I know what to *not* click on without having to hover on.
          Agreed. I've gotten used to assuming everything is a backlink on Phoronix and so I cautiously scan my status bar before clicking.

Comment

Originally posted by boast View Post
            would be nice to have a screenshot in the article
            Here you go http://library.gnome.org/misc/releas.../gnome-3-6.png

Comment

I don't think this will ever happen, but in the meantime use this: http://userstyles.org/styles/55221/p...e-urls-in-text

Comment

Sure, Michael is acting like a scammer trying to persuade you to visit more of his pages to get more advertisement money. And yes, at least using a different color for the backlinks would be great, I'm sick having to look at the status bar to avoid clicking on his backlinks.

Comment

The exciting new features and improvements in this release include a new login experience, integrated input methods, a refresh of the message tray, support for more online accounts, improved accessibility, and...
                  ...the complete butchering of Nautilus to make it as useless as possible. It looks good though, so not all is bad

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    ...the complete butchering of Nautilus to make it as useless as possible. It looks good though, so not all is bad
                    I'm using this release on Arch Linux and Nautilus is actually one of my favorite improvements. Search actually... works now! You should give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X