Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vtorri View Post
    there is a connman module, iirc
    Yes i know but the "standard" on the average Linux distro is network manager. I don't think there are any distros that use conman out of the box.

Originally posted by vtorri View Post
    desktop music player : 'enjoy', but we can do better, i think. 'Enjoy' has several bugs.

'elsa' has been renamed as 'entrance' (like the old session manager) and it is still alive

text editor : there is one which is currently underdevelopment, but we are lacking manpower. The dev is also a core dev, so he has not a lot of time.

i'm myself working on a multi doc viewer ala okular. It's alive too

there is also a new game : http://brunodilly.org/blog/escape-from-booty-bay/ which is more a proof of concept for the EFL and games
    Probably the app situation will change once e17 is released. I hope at least.

Oh BTW how is the systemd integration??
    Last edited by 89c51; 12 September 2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

there have been some discussions about systemd in the development mailing list. Nothing more yet

Comment

Ah, Wednesday, that magical day which positions itself halfway through the week; sometimes it can be an impassable wall which blocks your view of the weekend, other times it’s the halfway poi…

For corrections to what's written on this site.

Comment

89 you can't theme bad aesthetics.

While I admit that e17 is unbelievably fast and snappy even compared to fluxbox/openbox, looking at it it's like getting aids in the eyes.

Must have been designed by americans since everything is big and fat, from the windows borders to the buttons.

let's pick a random theme:

it's the fonts, the icons, the windows, porca miseria it all looks like a pile of crap

random openbox theme

my point = made.

Comment

You should probably look at the E17 provided themes (the ones in the THEME directory on svn).
            Not sure I get your point though - are you saying that your impression of an entire desktop shell is given by completely random themes off the net?
            If you're really not sure of what E17 is capable of, do check out the the svn stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
              89 you can't theme bad aesthetics.

While I admit that e17 is unbelievably fast and snappy even compared to fluxbox/openbox, looking at it it's like getting aids in the eyes.

Must have been designed by americans since everything is big and fat, from the windows borders to the buttons.

let's pick a random theme:

it's the fonts, the icons, the windows, porca miseria it all looks like a pile of crap

random openbox theme

my point = made.
              Bad aesthetics have to do with the people that design them not with the DE. Themes (borders, fonts, wallpapers icons etc etc ) can be changed.

For example this http://e17-stuff.org/content/show.ph...content=151709 is rather tasteful.

And i didn't disagreed on the aesthetics of the default theme which i find sub par for all the goods that E brings.

Comment

I have just downloaded bodhi linu 2.1 and I'm going to run it

It's just too bad that they don't ship it with the 'desktop of the week' that you see in their forums but ship with generic themes instead

Comment

bodhi linux is le suck

live cd has no firewall (wtf?) and it comes with a very derpy browser. (it said chrome and firefox but comes with mirodi)

E17 is for derps.

and that is my verdict

Comment

Working...
                  X