Digia Buys Out Qt From Nokia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    Seriously dude, SFTU. I don't think anyone in this forum gives a flying fuck who started with the nazi talk. What they seem to be addressing is the fact that none of your comments have anything to do with Digia buying out QT from nokia ~ that is the problem. I realize your not the only one - Luke_Wolfe is also doing it, but please ~ stay on topic or fuck off, it's really that simple.

if you want to talk politics and other bullshit - go and find a forum that actually corresponds to those kinds of topics. Phoronix is about linux, benchmarking, etc.

so yes, you are 'derailing the thread' aka: killing the discussion/topic of the thread and replacing it with your utterly retarded, half-witted nonsensical and STUPID crap...

as for who quaridarium was - he was annoying dipshit like yourself, who derailed thread after thread with his nonsense, right up until he got banned. if you want to know who he is, search the forums he has 1000s of posts - many of which are about germany, politics, green energy, nukes, etc.

again, please stop spamming phoronix threads with your vapid condescending garbage, discuss the topic at hand (or even related topics) or take a long walk off a short dock :\

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
      If you don't know who Qaridarium is, he as a phoronix member from Germany who was banned. You just seem to sound like him to me.
      Since this thread got derailed anyway: Q was banned? Huh, for what?

Comment

Skipping over all the idiocy in this thread and getting back to topic:

Digia is said to have paid 4.000.000? for Qt. Considering Nokia bought it for ~120.000.000?, that's quite a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Since this thread got derailed anyway: Q was banned? Huh, for what?
          You mean you really haven't noticed him being gone?! that's kind of surprising, had you not noticed none of his stupid pro-germany, green energy, etc forum threads linked from the main page sidebar "Popular in the forums"? (it's been well over a month since he was banned).

Anyway, He pissed off way too many people in the forums and everyone complained until Michael banned him. there was even a premium member or two who planned on cancelling their subscription if something wasn't done about Q, if i remember correctly - i believe it was in the 'ban Q' thread...

back on topic;

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          Skipping over all the idiocy in this thread and getting back to topic:

Digia is said to have paid 4.000.000? for Qt. Considering Nokia bought it for ~120.000.000?, that's quite a bargain.
          Wow, a bargain indeed.

thanks for the link too, i hadn't investigated the $$$ involved in the sale, but i would've expected that it was going to be more than what it actually sold for... crazy stuff. hopefully Digia will do a good job of maintaining and improving QT for us, it sounds like for them QT was a good investment (or a smoking deal, anyway).

cheerz

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
            You mean you really haven't noticed him being gone?! that's kind of surprising, had you not noticed none of his stupid pro-germany, green energy, etc forum threads linked from the main page sidebar "Popular in the forums"? (it's been well over a month since he was banned).
            Really strange because: Being stupid,being pro germany and being pro green energy and write this in the off-tropic part of the forum isn't against any forum rule! So you claim that its fine to ban people without any reason (Reason=forum rule) ???

Anyway, He pissed off way too many people in the forums and everyone complained until Michael banned him.
            How did he pissed of to many people? I just ask because writing in the off tropic part isn't a crime.

there was even a premium member or two who planned on cancelling their subscription if something wasn't done about Q, if i remember correctly - i believe it was in the 'ban Q' thread...
            Thats really a "reason" (not really) but maybe they just claimed this without any base of truth ? Also did you know it for sure that Q did not pay for phoronix ? Maybe you should ask Michael about this question.

Comment

Really strange because: Being stupid,being pro germany and being pro green energy and write this in the off-tropic part of the forum isn't against any forum rule! So you claim that its fine to ban people without any reason (Reason=forum rule) ???
              if you are disruptive enough and piss off enough people - ya, you might get banned, if people kick up enough fuss about it. ..and no i am not claiming anything. I pointed out reality - Q got banned for pissing off many many people, day after day - writing the same non-sense that had nothing to do with Phoronix, tech-news, linux, etc - posting pages of ridiculous pictures and videos and getting all political in threads that had NOTHING to do with anything he was posting about ~ which made it very hard for anyone to have any real discussion about the topic at hand. - kinda like you are doing.

How did he pissed of to many people? I just ask because writing in the off tropic part isn't a crime.

Thats really a "reason" (not really) but maybe they just claimed this without any base of truth ? Also did you know it for sure that Q did not pay for phoronix ? Maybe you should ask Michael about this question.
              Whether or not it is 'a crime' is a moot point. he made it REALLY fucking hard for anyone whom visits these forums to have discussions, interact with developers who may be visiting the forums, etc. - I for one am GLAD he got banned.

Stop speculating, you obviously weren't around when this was all going on - but I was. He got banned because enough people were sick and tired of him ruining these forums. We asked (Michael) repeatedly to ban him, until he finally did. I am not aware of ANY other Phoronix visitor whom has a thread DEDICATED to getting themselves banned;

and again, search the forums for his MANY MANY retarded posts. See how many times he derails thread after thread, just being a childish twat.

anyway, enough of this crap. Hopefully, your next comment in this thread (if any) will be about Digia buying QT - if not (?), maybe it would be a good idea to find something else to do - as some of us are more interested in the QT sale, then we are in discussing things that hold ZERO relevance. ie: don't make your next post about Q - that is just you continuing to 'derail' this thread.

make sense? thanks

Comment

Working...
              X