Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    Eschewing the legitimately odd name for a moment:

You may ask why it is called Gigolo, a strange name for an application. But actually it fits pretty well for what it does: It mounts what it is told to. That's all.
    http://www.uvena.de/gigolo/index.html

mounting a horse is analogous to having sex with it, according to the author.
    I would have no problem with it if, the first time I heard of it, it wasn't an open source software geek telling he was forced to rule the software out.
    could I install it on my pious grandmother's computer? in a corporate setting? schools or the UNICEF? in a home for battered women that were raped by their husband, etc.

it's a shame as I was precisely looking for a piece a software that could mount sshfs shares and can be used under lxde.
    computers making love between them is a nice metaphor, I've used it even. there's a question of whether Gigolo does anal sex and if the recipient is male or female. shouldn't be a big deal, even then why would I prostitute my software, unless I somehow get money from it.

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post
      mounting a horse is analogous to having sex with it, according to the author.
      I would have no problem with it if, the first time I heard of it, it wasn't an open source software geek telling he was forced to rule the software out.
      could I install it on my pious grandmother's computer? in a corporate setting? schools or the UNICEF? in a home for battered women that were raped by their husband, etc.

it's a shame as I was precisely looking for a piece a software that could mount sshfs shares and can be used under lxde.
      computers making love between them is a nice metaphor, I've used it even. there's a question of whether Gigolo does anal sex and if the recipient is male or female. shouldn't be a big deal, even then why would I prostitute my software, unless I somehow get money from it.
      If it is such a big deal for you then change the name on your installs. It is open source, you know?

Comment

Working...
      X