Enlightenment E17 Is Going To Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raster View Post
    Enlightenment 1.0 == I no longer work on E after that. I'm done. E has everything I ever wanted it to have and i have nothing left to put in. Do you want that?
    You have the weirdest version numbering scheme in the world. Normal people regard an 1.0 release as ?no longer pre-release and about to get stable?.

Comment

Nobody cares what it's numbered. Numbers are for developers anyway. If I'd have a project, I'd use 2012-7-18 as the release version, how about that?!

Rasterman: thanks for your unique input into Enlightenment. I wish more developers were as innovative as you folks. Even though I don't use it (yet), it offers a very different approach to many things. Hopefully one day a large corporation backs you up and offers support for your future endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        You have the weirdest version numbering scheme in the world. Normal people regard an 1.0 release as ?no longer pre-release and about to get stable?.

It's not exactly unheard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
          ...Hopefully one day a large corporation backs you up and offers support for your future endeavors.
          Samsung back them up, no?

Comment

A few days old now, but E17 apparently has a release date. Actual date not specified, but is "less than 6 months away". Hope they manage that target.

source

Comment

Humm, I do hope so. I tried very recently and everything but the main package would compile. Humph, so no E17 for me yet. :/
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                Humm, I do hope so. I tried very recently and everything but the main package would compile. Humph, so no E17 for me yet. :/
                Sounds a bit strange - I haven't encountered anything like that in a long time, and I normally do a complete rebuild every couple of weeks. That's just minimal E17 requirements though - no "extras" such as terminology.

Comment

After this long, it better be bug-free bliss that obeys voice and movement controls without using cameras, mics or other extra hardware, while also making you a sandwich and giving a massage.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                    It's the same idea as TeX.
                    TeX releases get closer and closer to π - and when Knuth dies, the version will be set to exactly π, with all remaining bugs documented and relabeled as features. It's currently at 3.1415926 .

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                      Samsung back them up, no?
                      Currently, as part of Tizen, Samsung and Intel support EFL. Intel has done Wayland porting work IIRC. However: Don't count on support lasting forever. Intel's Moblin and MeeGo support also died young.

Comment

Working...
                      X