GNOME & Mono Made Love At Microsoft Last Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I love Microsoft. The more Microsoft there is in Linux, the better.

I want to thank Gnome for putting some Microsoft awesomeness in Linux. You guys ROCK! Everybody should use Gnome, because the more people use it, the more Microsoft will be part of Linux. There are good times ahead for all Linux users!
    You know there's Microsoft code in the kernel, right?

modinfo hv_netvsc

Comment

Partnering with MS? Phew, that's stupid.

Usually those who partners with MS are either ending up on graveyard of technologies and/or by being bankrupts. Unfortunately gnome guys fallen into that trap.

The result? You see, most distros are either ditched gnome 3 at all or seriously patching it. And Mono is just a one big piece of FAIL. You see, in this so called "crossplatform" toolkit you can't even write GUI program to use it on all systems without major headache.

There are at least 3 graphic toolkits. WinForms? Half-borked in Mono. And MS's patent promise does not covers that. Then MS abandoned it in favor of WPF. Which is even more crapwrecked in mono. Now what? GTK#? It does not works in windows .NET and bringing your very own mono when there is already .NET exists is quite lame and strange to say the least.

Though it's MS, so they are doung things just as usually: everything who is not windows should be a third-rate crap. Good luck to mono guys in being MS footpads. That's why Linux distros would ditch Gnome and mono here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        I love Microsoft. The more Microsoft there is in Linux, the better.
        Wrong. Go use windows. There is no need for another one. And MS's definition of "good" just happens to mismatch with my definition of good. So what's good for MS is bad for me. Honestly, I don't need MZ EXEs in my system. And what are those "This program can't be run in dos mode" stubs? I'm afraid my 64-bit machine lacks 64-bit DOS for some reason

And they already shown their face with their "secure" boot UEFI initiatives. Yes, I love you too, Microsoft. F...k you. What a bunch of wretched bastards who come with a "good" purpose to make us obey them. Everyone loves enslavers. When they're dead of course.
        Last edited by 0xBADCODE; 04 July 2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
          GTK#? It does not works in windows .NET
          GTK# for Microsoft.NET download

One simply provable falsehood in 0xBADCODE's ranting. How accurate is the rest?

Comment

And what are those "This program can't be run in dos mode" stubs?
            ECMA 335 section 24.2

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
              Troll harder.
              How am I trolling? I feel my first sentence is pretty spot on. These insults and comments come from 1995. It has been stated time and time again by other users that microsoft is a contributor to the kernel and nobody seems to have a comeback for that besides, "MS BAD, PATENTS BAD, RMS GOOD" They also seem to complement Apple who I think is a far worse company than it used to be with its lawsuits.

I use linux, I love my linux desktop, but liking linux desktop doesn't mean you have to hate Microsoft. Hating X doesn't mean Y is better. Hating Windows doesn't magically make flaws go away.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
                I don't even know where to begin with replying to this thread. A mix of bullshit, reheated stuff from the 90's, bullshit, reheated stuff from the early 00's, bullshit, bullshit, bad jokes a preteen would be embarrassed by, bullshit, verbatim quotes from Boycott Novell, and bullshit.

And none of it has anything to do with the hackfest which was originally being referred to.

As per usual, I'm forced to quote Thomas Jefferson, and suggest that a lot of people replying to this are a bit thick:
                People are sheep.

Michael posts one of these troll articles a week, designed to start up flamewars in the comment sections.

And despite how obvious it all is, they take the bait. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
                  You know there's Microsoft code in the kernel, right?

modinfo hv_netvsc
                  You are talkin about HyperV driver that is written by Microsoft so they can use Linux with their own HyperV?

So, this is the driver by Microsoft & for Microsoft?

Should I care?

Code:
                  modinfo hv_netvsc
                  ERROR: modinfo: could not find module hv_netvsc
                  Oopsie, it seems I disabled it... for good. I don't run HyperV here, you see.

Comment

Wrong. Go use windows. There is no need for another one. And MS's definition of "good" just happens to mismatch with my definition of good. So what's good for MS is bad for me. Honestly, I don't need MZ EXEs in my system. And what are those "This program can't be run in dos mode" stubs? I'm afraid my 64-bit machine lacks 64-bit DOS for some reason

And they already shown their face with their "secure" boot UEFI initiatives. Yes, I love you too, Microsoft. F...k you. What a bunch of wretched bastards who come with a "good" purpose to make us obey them. Everyone loves enslavers. When they're dead of course.
                    I think his post was pure sarcasm...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                      You are talkin about HyperV driver that is written by Microsoft so they can use Linux with their own HyperV?

So, this is the driver by Microsoft & for Microsoft?

Should I care?
                      You should. It demonstrates the very purpose of Free Software - selfish work, released under a license which benefits everyone. Microsoft wrote drivers for the kernel which benefited them - and that's fine. Realtek write drivers for Realtek hardware, Adaptec write drivers for Adaptec hardware, and so on.

The point is, Microsoft played by the rules. They're playing in our sandbox.

And if you freak out like a little child at the thought of Microsoft having any involvement, no matter how tangential, with Free code under a Free license, then, well, start freaking out over the kernel too.

GNOME is a reasonable example - freaking out because there's one app on the recommended list built with Mono? Grow up - or dump the kernel. Decrying all of GNOME, but not decrying the kernel, is childish hypocrisy of the highest order.

Comment

Working...
                      X