Skype 4.0 For Linux Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dotancohen View Post
    Please remove sensitive information and send to me those documents so that I can help bring LO and AOO up to date. If we don't have real-world test documents, then nothing can be fixed.

Also include a PDF or PNG of the properly-rendered document to show what it should look like! You can send them to <myPhoronixUsername>@gmail.com. Thanks!
    This is great, I intend to follow you up on that offer =)
    The area where I've seen huge issues is in math formulas. It's quite hard to use LibreOffice/OpenOffice at university when stupid teachers distribute docx-documents, and refuse to use PDF instead. I've been forced to open them in MS Office, and then export them as PDF, to be able to view them.
    What is the best place to report compatibility issues? The ordinary LibreOffice bug database?
    EDIT: Stupid question. Of course it's the best place, hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by Temar View Post
      I see what I can do. These are customer documents and I have to get clearance from my superiors to send them to you. Maybe I get the permission to clean up some of them and send them to you. May take a few days though.
      Great. The invitation goes for everybody: send your MS Office documents that don't render properly in LO or AOO to me at<myPhoronixUsername>@gmail.com. Include an image or PDF of the properly-rendered document. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        This is great, I intend to follow you up on that offer =)
        The area where I've seen huge issues is in math formulas. It's quite hard to use LibreOffice/OpenOffice at university when stupid teachers distribute docx-documents, and refuse to use PDF instead. I've been forced to open them in MS Office, and then export them as PDF, to be able to view them.
        What is the best place to report compatibility issues? The ordinary LibreOffice bug database?
        EDIT: Stupid question. Of course it's the best place, hehe...
        Yes, just file regular bug reports but be sure to attach both the affected document and a PDF of the properly-rendered document.

Comment

Unstable

While it is nice something is "happening" around Skype, my experience running 4.0 so far is bad.
          It's very unstable as I am getting a lot of crashes under openSUSE 12.1 with that new chat view...

Going back to earlier release...
          Last edited by FunkyM; 15 June 2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

hi, can be activated 2 simultaneously skype ?
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyM View Post
              It's very unstable as I am getting a lot of crashes under openSUSE 12.1 with that new chat view...
              It works fine here (openSUSE 12.2). Probably a library issue. You could try using the statically linked version.

Edit:
              I just realized that there is no statically linked version... Soooo bad luck

Comment

yeah it appears way more unstable than the old version - it just crashed after it automatically ended an attempted conference call

anyone know btw how to show the keypad / numbers during a call (needed for conference calls) ? can't seem to find it (did they forget it ? )

how to activate ?

thanks !

Comment

Working...
                X