X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teho
    replied
    Originally posted by markg85 View Post
    That deserved some cleaning up and that's what i'm doing along with defining the tooltips in QML
    If they are written in QML could they also be themed and animated easily? It would be nice to have different kind of frames (round, angular, sharp, smooth...) and same kind o behaviour as seen in the Plasma panel in all other applications where when the tooltip is already shown it will follow the mouse and show the next tooltip instantly without delay which then again could be animated nicely and so on and so forth

Leave a comment:

• markg85
    replied
    Originally posted by Teho View Post
    I remember thinking few days back that the tooltips look some how different and didn't realize it was the blur that had changed. I love it.
    Having the same tooltips everywhere is also a feature that I have been hoping to have just about as long as I have been using KDE so keep up the good work
    Well, the tooltip situation is a quite interesting one.
    At first there what just Plasma::ToolTipManager (and friends) but that was a bit to limited. The KDE panels use that one. In dolphin the code for the tooltips got "forked" to meet dolphin's needs. Dolphin uses the QStyle tooltip background while Plasma uses the Plasma background. System settings then forked Dolphin's tooltip code to adjust it for their needs.. That's how we end up with 3 different tooltip types in probably the most used KDE apps. That deserved some cleaning up and that's what i'm doing along with defining the tooltips in QML

Leave a comment:

• Teho
    replied
    Originally posted by markg85 View Post
    This means that all tooltips will get the same visual style (like the current panel tooltips). -- Just what i'm currently doing in KDE
    I remember thinking few days back that the tooltips look some how different and didn't realize it was the blur that had changed. I love it.
    Having the same tooltips everywhere is also a feature that I have been hoping to have just about as long as I have been using KDE so keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• markg85
    replied
    My fixes in this one:
    • Blur behind System Settings tooltips
    • Blur behind Dolphin tooltips

It's subtle, but makes a noticeable difference in consistency. The tooltips from the panels already had those blur behind things.
    As for the mixed tooltip style. Currently there is a different style between the panel tooltips, system settings and dolphin. That's also about to change though that might not make it in a KDE 4.x release, depending on the changes required. It might as well be fixed in KDE 4.10 i'd give it a 50/50 chance. I'm currently recreating the tooltip internals to make it suitable for more then just the panel. This means that all tooltips will get the same visual style (like the current panel tooltips).

Just what i'm currently doing in KDE

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic KDE 4.9 Goes Into Beta

KDE 4.9 Goes Into Beta

Phoronix: KDE 4.9 Goes Into Beta

The first beta release of KDE SC 4.9 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X