KDE Best Desktop Environment of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Best Desktop Environment of the Year

The 2011 Members' Choice Awards from LinuxQuestions.org has honored the KDE Community with "Best Desktop Environment of the Year". In addition, Tech Radar has declared that KDE Workspaces are the best desktop environment. KDE innovation, performance and stability have particular appeal for users. Tech Radar reports that KDE Workspaces have "the best mix of cutting edge software and stability...", and writes, "We were amazed by the level of comfort the users experienced with KDE." Chris from the Linux Action Show is switching to KDE!

It seems KDE and Ubuntu is the best mix!

The polls are closed and the results are in. We had a record number of votes cast for the eleventh straight year. Congratulations should go to each

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    It seems KDE and Ubuntu is the best mix!
    This statement is based on what data? There's no link between the two polls. It's possible that the 20% that voted for ubuntu all use gnome and the 30% that voted for KDE are using different distributions.

Edit: I'm not saying that your statement is wrong. I don't know if it's true or not, but you can't use the data from the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
      This statement is based on what data? There's no link between the two polls. It's possible that the 20% that voted for ubuntu all use gnome and the 30% that voted for KDE are using different distributions.

Edit: I'm not saying that your statement is wrong. I don't know if it's true or not, but you can't use the data from the polls.
      Just shot in a dark. I noticed later there are many Slackware users (and Slackware is on the second place) and most KDE folks probably came from it.

Comment

Working...
      X