Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digia: Committed To Qt, Will Take "Extremely Active Role"

Phoronix: Digia: Committed To Qt, Will Take "Extremely Active Role"

In an email to Phoronix, Digia has clarified their Qt Commercial releases and further affirmed their commitment to the public Qt Project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure Microsoft has the power to "hurt" Qt, but of course considering how shit is Nokia doing in these times nothing must be excluded.

Comment

This is why open governance is so important.

Comment

I feel they're limiting themselves by thinking in terms of "fork" in the traditional sense. We have these wonderful tools (e.g. Got) now that make the process of forking and merging (managing, in general) changes much easier than the bad old days. Fork the LGPL version on/to github, apply your patches, send a pull request or tag a branch and it's easy for packagers to deal with that as necessary. As long as it's not a ruby-like catastrophe where there's just a compiled binary and the tests don't even run.

I think it's at least a show of good faith. The license for your patches isn't Nokia's fault.

Comment

I'd read an interview. She sounds eager to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ormaaj View Post
            I'd read an interview. She sounds eager to do it.
            That will be an interesting one for sure, and her views about Nokia pulling out of Qt

Comment

Working...
            X