X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
    Or how about... Where "professional" means we didn't put in any red-eye removal because real professionals don't need it?
    Arguably, getting red eyes is unprofessional, because they're caused by using a built-in flash that's too close to the lens. Hm, maybe using Fujis is unprofessional too.

Leave a comment:

• Fenrin
    replied
    For the installation of this programm is /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 `GLIXX_BC3.4.15' necessary. Because of this, it seems to be quite complicated to use it under CentOS 6. If I enter
    Code:
    strings /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBC
    on CentOS 6.2 it lists support for versions up to 3.4.13. I don't want to waste several hours just to solve this issue. Maybe I will try it on Fedora later.

Leave a comment:

• Sidicas
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Where "professional" means "we haven't really found out what 64 bit is yet", like Skype. And it doesn't know Fuji's .RAF format. At least manually extracting the .deb and installing that way works.
    Or how about... Where "professional" means we didn't put in any red-eye removal because real professionals don't need it? (See the PC Mag review of this software),

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Is it just me or does really so much of this "professional" software STILL IN 2012 !!! live in 32 bit land? What if you are actually trying to do some serious work that would require you to load more than 4 gb in ram? Can't you do that stuff in "professional" software?

Well, only deb and rpm is weak anyway.
    My 6 year old laptop makes me glad they support 32-bit. Other than that, I agree 100%.

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    I got nothing to do with image editing, but I ran it and it looks fine and I hope it would help those who considered moving to Linux but changed their mind cause it lacked "professional" editing software.
    Problem is, it really doesn't appear to have anything that GIMP doesn't have other than some fancy "Ninja" grain removal tool. I haven't used the software yet though, so I really can't comment.. For $99 though, I think it's a tough sell. If they threw in red-eye removal I'd be more interested.

Originally posted by Damnshock View Post
    I don't know why but Gimp has always felt "wrong" in some way, don't know how to explain it though

Regards
    All the windows tripping over each other on a small screen, perhaps? That's my #1 gripe, I've heard there are branches of GIMP that look more like photoshop, but I haven't tried them as I don't think my distro packs them.

Originally posted by dalingrin View Post
    I'm just glad someone like Bibble/Corel takes the time to release a Linux product at all.
    Agreed... Although I really wish they would take that awesome motion blur correction tool that Adobe demoed but hasn't released yet, and then shove it in their product.. THAT I would buy since it's something that no other software can do, but Adobe would never release photoshop for Linux... Then again, Corel would probably claim that it's not for their professional product because "real" professionals always use tripods and don't need motion correction... lol

But overall, I'm glad to see this product.. Doubt I'll buy it now that I know it doesn't have red-eye removal (still need GIMP) but I'll definitely try it out.
    Last edited by Sidicas; 11 January 2012, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dalingrin
    replied
    Games often don't need as much memory (Well, some would...), but "professional" image editors? Are they not supposed to also process huge images where you could easily max out 4GB?
    This isn't a photoshop/gimp replacement. Its primarily for a raw picture workflow. In this regard, I would consider it a "professional" product. Its great for a photographer who shoots in raw format and wants to keep his huge collection of photos organized.

If your camera takes shots at greater than 4gb a piece then color me impressed.

I'm just glad someone like Bibble/Corel takes the time to release a Linux product at all.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Except for those with Fuji cameras.
    I already said that - that there's always (valid and invalid) reasons to complain about any software. Even in Photoshop - I recall users complaining about it having rendering glitches cause it uses GL and it's more buggy under windows than DX.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Whether it uses 32 or 64 bits isn't really important to normal end users - all they care about is that it installs easily, that it's snappy, handy and does the job for them - and this piece of software seems to do just that.
    Except for those with Fuji cameras.

Leave a comment:

• Damnshock
    replied
    Can't wait to get home and try it

I don't know why but Gimp has always felt "wrong" in some way, don't know how to explain it though

Regards

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Games often don't need as much memory (Well, some would...), but "professional" image editors? Are they not supposed to also process huge images where you could easily max out 4GB?
    Well the stuff that is sold is often advertised as professional since it sounds great and is subjective, hence not unlawful to say so.
    I got nothing to do with image editing, but I ran it and it looks fine and I hope it would help those who considered moving to Linux but changed their mind cause it lacked "professional" editing software.
    It's good news.
    Whether it uses 32 or 64 bits isn't really important to normal end users - all they care about is that it installs easily, that it's snappy, handy and does the job for them - and this piece of software seems to do just that. Also, nothing is perfect, there's always something to complain about.
    Last edited by cl333r; 11 January 2012, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    @ChrisXY
    There's tons of "proffesional" software that is 32 bits, among them lots of AAA games that are still 32 bit etc.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    And oh, there _is_ a 64 bit deb package.
    But it just contains the 32 bit version anyway. The download page mentions the need for 32 bit compatibility libraries though, like the CPU requirements and supported formats (well, assuming that extension = format).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X