Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightworks Video Editor For Linux Is Delayed

Phoronix: Lightworks Video Editor For Linux Is Delayed

Back in September it was said that the open-source Lightworks video editor would ship for Linux in Novemnber, but this has turned out to not be the case...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

November not Novemnber

Comment

At least for now there's emerging alternatives like Novacut and OpenShot.
      That's like comparing LibreOffice Writer with Gedit. OpenShot goes after the iMovie/Windows-Movie-Maker crowd, and Novacut is still only an idea. Lightworks is geared towards the same class as Avid.

Comment

Originally posted by numasan View Post
        That's like comparing LibreOffice Writer with Gedit. OpenShot goes after the iMovie/Windows-Movie-Maker crowd, and Novacut is still only an idea. Lightworks is geared towards the same class as Avid.
        What I find even more disturbing: You bring up Novacut and Openshot which are really not very advanced projects, but don't mention kdenlive. kdenlive is in my eyes by far the best easy-to-use video editor in linux. And I think I am not alone with this opinion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...#Target_market

Still I hope Lightworks is just delayed and not cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by numasan View Post
          What I find even more disturbing: You bring up Novacut and Openshot which are really not very advanced projects, but don't mention kdenlive. kdenlive is in my eyes by far the best easy-to-use video editor in linux. And I think I am not alone with this opinion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...#Target_market

Comment

Originally posted by Rembremerdeng View Post

What about Kino? It's also a very simple to use video editor as well, much in the same vein as Windows Movie Maker

Comment

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a wine-wrapped useless mess of a linux port like some other software projects being "ported" to linux...

Comment

Working...
              X