Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Development Release For GNOME 3.4

Phoronix: The First Development Release For GNOME 3.4

The first development release for GNOME 3.4, which is marked as GNOME 3.3.1 in the 3.3 unstable series, is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

All they need now is to make it work like GNOME 2.

Comment

How about more options in the control panel.. Hopefully aim for feature parity with Gnome 2 in terms of settings. I mean c'mon, why is there no screensaver in Gnome 3??

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
        How about more options in the control panel.. Hopefully aim for feature parity with Gnome 2 in terms of settings. I mean c'mon, why is there no screensaver in Gnome 3??
        Screensavers belong to the 90's. Everything that is not there was removed by purpose. Read Free Software UI, section "The Question of Preferences" to understand.

Comment

"Support for keyboard window switching during drag-and-drop"

Yay!!

Comment

Gnome 3.4 looks very good: https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree/Features

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
              It sure does!

Does anyone know what Boxes is btw? Has someone actually finally nailed session management?

*facepalm* Info about facepalm was right there :-D
              Last edited by korpenkraxar; 28 October 2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xCAFE View Post
                Screensavers belong to the 90's. Everything that is not there was removed by purpose. Read Free Software UI, section "The Question of Preferences" to understand.
                That's all fine in general, but some configuration options are still needed. E.g. monitor refresh rate configuration. Without that option I have to open a terminal and type "xrandr -r 85" every time I reboot my pc because it always reverts to 60Hz which makes my eyes bleed. Wow, that sure is user firendly! Not everybody is using LCDs and besides that having one extra combo box in there wouldn't ruin the clean interface anyway.

Comment

Maybe you should get rid of your CRT... Ati disliked my modelines too i usually used for 1152x864@100, but then my CRT died and the problem was solved somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Maybe you should get rid of your CRT...
                    Wow! So easy!! How could I have not thought of that before??

Now on a more serious note, I tend to have a hard time getting rid of stuff that is still working properly so I'll do like you did and wait for it to die before buying a new one.
                    I love the new linux desktops (Gnome3 and Unity) and I have no problems adapting to new situations, but even with all that flexibility I still miss some things from the old days, but overall I think the new workflow allows me to do more stuff faster than before.

Comment

Working...
                    X