Adobe Flash 11.2 Beta Brings New Linux Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    How do you watch YouTube? I don't see anything related to HTML5 there.

works fine with opera

Comment

And Chrome and Firefox. Full win, provided you have a fast enough CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/html5

works fine with opera
        Doesn't work for me. YT continues to use Flash for the videos, even though I use FF 7.0.1 and that page says that the video tag and WebM are supported.

Comment

It is getting easier to get by entirely without flash.
          But just an FYI to some people who don't get it (pejakm).... videos are NOT the part of flash you can't get by without. There are a lot of websites that use flash for navigation or other essential features. Videos can easily be done without -- no big deal.

Also pejakm: I've never seen a flash crash take down X. Firefox for sure, but that's as far as it makes it. If given multiple cores though, it could potentially peg them all and make it a miserable operation to kill it.

Comment

Not all Youtube videos are available on Html 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatf View Post
              Not all Youtube videos are available on Html 5.
              Then what's the point? I need to be able to watch the videos I want. Uninstalling Flash would make that impossible.

Comment

Priorities, priorities... Nyan cat video vs flash...

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  Priorities, priorities... Nyan cat video vs flash...
                  It's not like HTML5 can suddenly make stupid videos stand out as humanity's greatest achievements.

Comment

Well, you can also use XBMC to browse and watch YouTube videos, 1080p works like a charm, even without HW acceleration. But of course it depends on how you use YouTube if it's something for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      Then what's the point? I need to be able to watch the videos I want. Uninstalling Flash would make that impossible.
                      Use something like Flashvideoreplacer or Youtube-dl (or you can keep trying to run HD videos in the flash plugin, but good luck with that...).

LOL, I can see RealNC (et al) 10 years from now... "Flash 111.1 just came out, but the plugin won't play my Super Ultra HD videos, even on my 512-core 3.0 THz system!"

Comment

Working...
                      X