• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nzjrs
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    So does igoogle's rss reader.
    I didn't know igoogle rss reader had a crap filter, have a much larger staff (your words) and also write excellent features!

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by nzjrs View Post
    Yes, they do a very good job.
    So does igoogle's rss reader.

Leave a comment:

• nzjrs
    replied
    H-online does very little but aggregate other news sources (not to mention that they have a much larger staff).
    Yes, they do a very good job.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Yeah, I liked the h-online summary of the phoronix gnome survey. They removed all the trolling and published it in a much more sensible and responsible form.
    H-online does very little but aggregate other news sources (not to mention that they have a much larger staff).

Leave a comment:

• nzjrs
    replied
    Funny how h-online uses phoronix for sources of many of their articles.
    Yeah, I liked the h-online summary of the phoronix gnome survey. They removed all the trolling and published it in a much more sensible and responsible form.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Yeah. Try http://www.h-online.com/open/ and LWN for competent technical linux news.
    Funny how h-online uses phoronix for sources of many of their articles.

Leave a comment:

• nzjrs
    replied
    Originally posted by prokoudine View Post
    Oh my. Take one was an opinionated piece of crap. Take two is unloading 1K of comments on readers. Dear Phoronix, take a break. You're clearly out of ideas.
    Yeah. Try http://www.h-online.com/open/ and LWN for competent technical linux news.

Leave a comment:

• nzjrs
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Which version of Vala would that be? 0.8, 0.9, 0.12, 0.14?

I like the idea behind this high-level language. I just wish they quit dicking around and finalize the language. Who wants to write code and then have to rewrite it at some point in the future because they redesigned the language the code was written in, certainly not me.
    ^^^^^ this.

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
    I agree with Maxim, but Gnome 2 still works fine here. So I have no reason to leave Gnome at the moment. By the way, I can't choose whether I like KDE or not. I don't like its file managers but I like its Plasma Desktop (though I'd prefer a desktop which does not crash all the time, and that's what KDE 4.5 did at me). But I'll first await the Gnome 3 version of Linux Mint 12 - as Clem knows very well what a lot of people don't like in Gnome 3. It'll most likely be LXDE for me when I have to leave Gnome. Or Xfce, a desktop which I haven't yet tried.
    Unity is also installed on my laptop, but I still have to try it. As long as I can keep using Gnome 2 I don't need another desktop.
    What problems have you found with Dolphin?

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Which version of Vala would that be? 0.8, 0.9, 0.12, 0.14?

I like the idea behind this high-level language. I just wish they quit dicking around and finalize the language. Who wants to write code and then have to rewrite it at some point in the future because they redesigned the language the code was written in, certainly not me.
    I'm using 0.14.0. What significant changes have been made in the last year or so?
    I recall reading that there are some remaining issues with getting complete GIR coverage in vala but I don't recall what they were.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X