X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajayrockrock
    replied
    Originally posted by M1AU View Post
    Well I use it on my self made NAS Server / HTPC combo, but I haven't found a way to watch justin.tv streams within XBMC. The rest works great of course, but it's still not full featured for me.
    There are some funky ways to get justin.tv working but they are all kinda hack-ish IMO. I bought a boxee box a while ago and that works great for justin.tv as well as watching MLG for starcraft.

Leave a comment:

• ajayrockrock
    replied
    Originally posted by bibi View Post
    I can't wait for next xbmc version which may/will integrate PVR (finally), HD audio and i'm sure so much new things.
    The PVR stuff didn't make it into Eden (11.0). It's on the roadmap for 12.0 according to the roadmap:

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    So now we have at least two small xbmc distros, this and geexbox...

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    I like XBMC but why go with Dharma? Dharma is a CPU hog. It burns more CPU cycles when idle displaying the interface than when rendering video!
    Disable vsync for the UI. CPU usage drops like a hammer.

Leave a comment:

• M1AU
    replied
    Originally posted by bibi View Post
    M1AU, go on the website and look at all the addons and you'll see it's a great HTPC.

I use xbmc for 3 years and on linux it's IMHO the best (featured/beautiful) media center solution.
    And i'm really pleased to see the official release of the Openelec distribution which, in my case, work out of the box.

I can't wait for next xbmc version which may/will integrate PVR (finally), HD audio and i'm sure so much new things.

Thanks to all the developpers (XBMC and Openelec).

Bibi
    Well I use it on my self made NAS Server / HTPC combo, but I haven't found a way to watch justin.tv streams within XBMC. The rest works great of course, but it's still not full featured for me.

Leave a comment:

• bibi
    replied
    M1AU, go on the website and look at all the addons and you'll see it's a great HTPC.

I use xbmc for 3 years and on linux it's IMHO the best (featured/beautiful) media center solution.
    And i'm really pleased to see the official release of the Openelec distribution which, in my case, work out of the box.

Thanks to all the developpers (XBMC and Openelec).

Bibi

Leave a comment:

• M1AU
    replied
    Originally posted by runrun View Post
    Because Dharma is the current stable version? As far as I know, there's a few eden patches backported too - obviously not the dirty region GUI stuff though. There's always been development builds for eden available at http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-eden/ if that's what you want to run (which is what I'm running on 2 of my systems)

The nvidia (doesn't have to be ION obviously though)/AMD thing is no different than any project/software/etc though.... This is linux remember!
    Saying that, I've got a zotac ad10 (amd fusion e350 based mini pc) running an openelec eden build and it works brilliantly - I've only had (macroblocks) trouble with one file.

It takes longer to type a question like this than it does to try it for yourself!
    But... Unfortunately, there's no web browser included with openelec, xbmc or xbmc live.
    Actually it's not, because I don't have a spare system to test it on. And without a webbrowser that knows flash to watch live streams it's not a full featured HTPC for me.

Leave a comment:

• runrun
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    I like XBMC but why go with Dharma? Dharma is a CPU hog. It burns more CPU cycles when idle displaying the interface than when rendering video! In pre-Eden builds they've fixed this with dirty regions tracking, and it also has a much better interface now.

What I gathered is that NVidia ION systems are the preferred choice for XBMC. Still too many people having problems with AMD proprietary drivers...
    Because Dharma is the current stable version? As far as I know, there's a few eden patches backported too - obviously not the dirty region GUI stuff though. There's always been development builds for eden available at http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-eden/ if that's what you want to run (which is what I'm running on 2 of my systems)

The nvidia (doesn't have to be ION obviously though)/AMD thing is no different than any project/software/etc though.... This is linux remember! Simply put, VDPAU has been rock solid for as long as I can remember, hardware acceleration with ATI has been less fun....
    Saying that, I've got a zotac ad10 (amd fusion e350 based mini pc) running an openelec eden build and it works brilliantly - I've only had (macroblocks) trouble with one file.

Originally posted by M1AU View Post
    My question would be: does it support hardware accelerated flash videos within the browser?
    It takes longer to type a question like this than it does to try it for yourself!
    But... Unfortunately, there's no web browser included with openelec, xbmc or xbmc live.
    Last edited by runrun; 20 October 2011, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• M1AU
    replied
    My question would be: does it support hardware accelerated flash videos within the browser?

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Ok, interesting....

1) Does it actually do stuff, or is it crippled to only play videos?
    2) Does it support BCM970015? Or is it limited to 970012?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X