No announcement yet.

Evolution Mail Client To See Significant Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see the calendar part moved out of evolution. I don't see the point in having to set it up as a mail client just because I want to add my schedule to the gnome calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by achaios View Post
      Does anyone of those 500 have the capability of connecting to a M$ Exchange 2007+ server?
      I would love to know that.
      Evolution does it by means of the evolution-mapi plugin.
      the main problem is that we have a bunch of the damn things (as with other apps) that implement various features and not ONE that is feature full (at least after you install it)

personally i use TB but i don't have anything to do with Exchange and stuff. i read that you can do it (exchange+TB) with a bit of messing around but they should make it work out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Offline browsing. That is something that web gmail can't do as well as other features like searching messages, folder management, etc. Gmail and other web based services leave much to be desired. I for example subscribe to many mailing lists that are easier searched (not to mention faster) locally. Plus there are the security issues as well with keeping items online given Googles habit of caching everything under the sun. That being said, I don't know why they bother keeping evolution alive either (or kmail for that matter).
        Gmail now supports offline storage and local searching. It's still by far the best client right now, Evolution and Thunderbird look clunky and outdated in comparison. They take up too much memory, screen estate and don't even offer a conversation view - useless.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
          Gmail now supports offline storage and local searching. It's still by far the best client right now, Evolution and Thunderbird look clunky and outdated in comparison. They take up too much memory, screen estate and don't even offer a conversation view - useless.
          +1. For me, gmail revolutionized the way mail is handled.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            why on earth they keep this thing alive

kill the damn thing

we don't need 500 different mail clients ffs
            Funny, I thought this was a *nix enthusiast site where the answer to all our problems is forking.

Alright folks, let's kill everything and head back to Elm.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
              +1. For me, gmail revolutionized the way mail is handled.
              An e-mail client with dual local/remote storage is not revolutionary. It's a reinvention of the same concept that has been around for decades.

Comment

Working...
              X