No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.2 Has A New File Manager Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would use even KDE when KDE will have nautilus..
    nautilus is best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Milan View Post
      I didn't try it yet, but I kinda like the news, mc is my regular file manager, I use guis only for thumbnails, and I tried gnome-commander, krusader, tuxcmd, many java apps and although tuxcmd seems best so far I am always in mc. I am interested to see what emperor will look like and I hope it will not be dumbed down, these types of file managers shouldn't be.
      Have you tried emelfm2?

I really don't know how I'd manage without it.

Comment

Implement a built in terminal that traces your location and a fast filter bar a la Dolphin and I will use it a lot :-)

Comment

Originally posted by korpenkraxar View Post
          Implement a built in terminal that traces your location and a fast filter bar a la Dolphin and I will use it a lot :-)
          +1. This feature in Dolphin is just a must-have for me.

Instead of designing new file managers, the GNOME devs should rather implement a proper file dialog which runs at an acceptable speed.
          E.g. when selecting something from /usr/bin, it takes forever until the files are loaded (Not to mention that its usuablity and design are terrible).

Comment

Originally posted by korpenkraxar View Post
            Really love that built in terminal and how one can just drag and drop files on to it. It's much easier than typing out the entire file name!

Comment

Just wanted to add to the chorus of love for Dolphin. The best overall browser around, IMHO. There are faster ones (pcManFM is stunningly fast), and more fully featured ones (Konqueror), but none that look good, perform well, and full of features. One of the best design jobs that I've ever seen in KDE.
              Primarily being a user of Gnome, I can only hope that the designers aspirations of relegating the file browser to emergencies/unrepentant power users comes soon since nautilus is not going to change in a significant enough way for me.
              BTW, as others have said, this is not an official Gnome project. Nautilus isn't going anywhere (unfortunately).

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                We wouldn't NEED a new file manager if they just put the GODDAMNED PARENT DIRECTORY button back in nautilus!!!
                Alt+Up

lenghty

Comment

Originally posted by fast_rizwaan
                  gnome 3.2 new default wallpaper makes gnome 3.2 look bad.
                  I agree.

Originally posted by liam
                  Dolphin [...] perform well
                  I like Dolphin too (filter bar FTW), but can't agree, that perform well, SOME examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLHVZggnlQ still alive and kicking
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3A6BFz9Eo this will be fixed in 4.8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_MDlPa9jeE partially thanks to horrible kio

btw. Emperor is slow like hell too.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                    We wouldn't NEED a new file manager if they just put the GODDAMNED PARENT DIRECTORY button back in nautilus!!!
                    Even Microsoft realized it was a mistake to remove it from Explorer.

Oh, and I would rather use Thunar than Nautilus, even in GNOME.

Comment

Working...
                    X