X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insanemal
    replied
    Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
    Longene is not anything but ReactOS code merged into the Linux kernel...
    You got some code snippets to prove it?
    Or to quote wikipedia CITATION NEEDED

Leave a comment:

• mrugiero
    replied
    Longene is not anything but ReactOS code merged into the Linux kernel...

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Kernel-level Windows compatibility? I shudder to think of the security risks.

Leave a comment:

• insanemal
    replied
    I'm more interested in how they will resolve things like, making windows video drivers work with Xorg.
    I can think of ways to resolve it.. but they are all kind of nasty.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Torvalds once expressed his endorsement of this stuff, as it enhances interoperability. However, the code is probably not remotely up to kernel standards.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Longene: The Linux Kernel With Windows Support

Longene: The Linux Kernel With Windows Support

Phoronix: Longene: The Linux Kernel With Windows Support

This morning after providing benchmarks of FreeBSD with Linux binary compatibility for gaming, which allows unaltered 32-bit Linux binaries to be executed seamlessly with the FreeBSD kernel (and in a rather fast manner), I was reminded on Twitter about another interesting project: Longene. Longene is a "Linux Unified Kernel" that attempts to implement Microsoft Windows APIs within the Linux kernel. In other words, Windows binary compatibility for the Linux kernel, including for Windows device drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X