• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    Here's what I'm getting (screenshot):

https://sites.google.com/site/cl333r2/screenshot
    The forum cuts off excess spaces. So when you write:

Code:
    I can      ;)
    only one space will appear when you post it, but the excess spaces count towards the 10 char minimum.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Here's what I'm getting (screenshot):

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    I couldn't just reply "Or both" because phoronix demands each message be at least 10 characters.
    I can ;-)

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Hm ?
    I couldn't just reply "Or both" because phoronix demands each message be at least 10 characters.

Phoronix already got rid of one stupid idea - the highly annoying edit rule.
    Since this one is less annoying it will likely never be fixed nor acknowledged as worth fixing.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Bla-bla - ignore this - I'm just trying to fulfill the stupid phoronix forum requirement "Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.".
    Hm ?

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by Harp32Wil
    I know KWin can do it too, but they'll need to either cut down on the number / complexity of the effects, or keep optimizing.
    Or both.

Bla-bla - ignore this - I'm just trying to fulfill the stupid phoronix forum requirement "Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.".

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
    Look at how Windows handles it. Their equivalent of "redirection" in Aero is essentially uninterrupted, even when playing a full-screen 3d game. But the overhead isn't enough that you would get noticeably higher FPS if you disable Aero. So most games just let Aero run.
    No. Aero is suspended by Windows when starting a fullscreen game.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    Have you tried switching your monitor on?
    Damn, should have thought about that. Now it works!

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    See? It's obvious that fglrx is not working at all.
    Have you tried switching your monitor on?

KWin + fglrx seems to alternate between "working" and "non-working" depending on the fglrx version and kwin version. Upgrading either is likely to change the specific set of problems you encounter.

What really irks me is synchronizing issues with urxvt. urxvt outputs new text, but kwin only updates half of the changes, forcing me to alt-tab twice to properly redraw the window. Haven't figured out who's at fault: KWin, urxvt or xf86-video-ati. :/

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    You're just trolling. The problems you describe don't exist. I know because I saw screenshots of Linux desktops with AMD cards that were actually able to display a desktop.
    No, *you* are just *trolling*, because I *have* another screenshot that *proves* the *opposite* of what you wrote. Brace for impact.

Here it comes!

(Click for a larger version)

See? It's obvious that fglrx is not working at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X