A Performance Overhaul Of KDE's KWin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
    Look at how Windows handles it. Their equivalent of "redirection" in Aero is essentially uninterrupted, even when playing a full-screen 3d game. But the overhead isn't enough that you would get noticeably higher FPS if you disable Aero. So most games just let Aero run.
    No. Aero is suspended by Windows when starting a fullscreen game.

Comment

Originally posted by Harp32Wil
      I know KWin can do it too, but they'll need to either cut down on the number / complexity of the effects, or keep optimizing.
      Or both.

Bla-bla - ignore this - I'm just trying to fulfill the stupid phoronix forum requirement "Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.".

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        Bla-bla - ignore this - I'm just trying to fulfill the stupid phoronix forum requirement "Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.".
        Hm ?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Hm ?
          I couldn't just reply "Or both" because phoronix demands each message be at least 10 characters.

Phoronix already got rid of one stupid idea - the highly annoying edit rule.
          Since this one is less annoying it will likely never be fixed nor acknowledged as worth fixing.

Comment

I couldn't just reply "Or both" because phoronix demands each message be at least 10 characters.
            I can ;-)

Comment

Here's what I'm getting (screenshot):

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

Here's what I'm getting (screenshot):

https://sites.google.com/site/cl333r2/screenshot
                The forum cuts off excess spaces. So when you write:

Code:
                I can      ;)
                only one space will appear when you post it, but the excess spaces count towards the 10 char minimum.

Comment

Working...
                X