Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icek
    replied
    No problems here. I can play 1080p fullscreen videos from youtube. I have ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers running

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Fullscreen video is still tearing (with Radeon OSS drivers). How disappointing. Back again to the 10.2 "square" beta.

Leave a comment:

• Laughing1
    replied
    Hardware video rendering may be disabled for flash 11beta2 for some unknown reason. Hopefully the next beta or release, which ever comes sooner, it will be enabled.

Leave a comment:

• madbiologist
    replied
    Thanks gedgon. Maybe it is Flash's fault after all. Does anyone know how we can figure out what is (not) happening?

Leave a comment:

• gedgon
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    He's probably testing it with VDPAU.
    Doesn't matter. VDPAU decoding, but still software rendering. At least on 32bit.

flashplugin 11beta2

flashplugin 10.3

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    flash 10 disables composite features for fullscreen, flash 11 does not, did you notice that?
    Hm.

I try flash 11 beta2 with a 480p youtube video resized to the bigger option. X is using 80% cpu, firefox is using 30%.
    I put it to fullscreen and I got instantly extreme tearing. Also, the video runs about two seconds, then the video freezes for about two seconds while sound runs fine, then I get another two seconds of video (in sync), and another two seconds of freezing. All the time.
    Using flash in fullscreen doesn't really work. I can move my mouse around, but the controls of the youtube player don't show up and clicking left, right, double clicking etc. has absolutely no effect. So I leave fullscreen by minimizing everything ("show desktop" function). But then the controls don't work correctly in normal size either...

KDE 4.7 with compositing, just installed the catalyst 11.8 preview driver (which is working fine).

But yes, flash 10 has quite some delay when putting it in fullscreen. In windowed mode it needs 90% X and 40% nspluginwrapper, so this is actually worse. Just in fullscreen it works surprisingly well.

Beta 2? More like pre-alpha.
    Last edited by ChrisXY; 13 August 2011, 04:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    flash 10 disables composite features for fullscreen, flash 11 does not, did you notice that?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
    That's not Flash's fault. Hardware accelerated video decoding is one thing (and in the absence of this your Core i5 480M@2,9GHz CPU should not have much problem decoding the video stream), while hardware accelerated rendering and drawing to screen is another thing entirely. If your Radeon HD 6550 is not providing hardware accelerated rendering then there may be a problem with the setup of your system. What is the output of glxinfo | grep render ? To run this command you may first need to install the mesa-utils package.
    My system is fine:
    Code:
    chris@chrisl ~ % LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo | grep render
    libGL: AtiGetClientDriverName: 8.87.5 fglrx (screen 0)
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri//fglrx_dri.so
    ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 252
    ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 252
    ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:2:0:0
    ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
    ukiOpenDevice: open result is 6, (OK)
    ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 6
    ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:2:0:0
    direct rendering: Yes
    OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 6500M/5600/5700 Series
        GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, 
    chris@chrisl ~ %
    I use the 32 bit flash 10.3.181.35 in the meantime.
    Surprisingly,
    Code:
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    OverrideGPUValidation=1
    in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg has a rather big impact on CPU usage. The cpu usage on fullscreen video is very low (for flash), embedded in a window it's a bit higher, but for flash it is still rather good.

Bottom line: 64 bit flash 11 is much, much, much worse than 32 bit flash 10 on my machine.

Leave a comment:

• madbiologist
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    I think it renders everything in Software and draws everything to screen with no hardware acceleration whatsoever.
    That's not Flash's fault. Hardware accelerated video decoding is one thing (and in the absence of this your Core i5 480M@2,9GHz CPU should not have much problem decoding the video stream), while hardware accelerated rendering and drawing to screen is another thing entirely. If your Radeon HD 6550 is not providing hardware accelerated rendering then there may be a problem with the setup of your system. What is the output of glxinfo | grep render ? To run this command you may first need to install the mesa-utils package.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Can you get an Archlinux test system too, please?
    Beause, no it isn't faster. It's still horrible as the beta 1. With horrible I mean, watching a low resolution video is not working fluently on an i5 480M@2,9GHz with HD 6550 on fglrx. Extreme tearing and large stutters. I think it renders everything in Software and draws everything to screen with no hardware acceleration whatsoever.

Makes me wonder whether it loads some libraries dynamically on your Ubuntu or whatever you test it on.
    He's probably testing it with VDPAU.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X