No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash 11 Beta 2 Is More Stable, Faster On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware video rendering may be disabled for flash 11beta2 for some unknown reason. Hopefully the next beta or release, which ever comes sooner, it will be enabled.

Comment

Fullscreen video is still tearing (with Radeon OSS drivers). How disappointing. Back again to the 10.2 "square" beta.

Comment

No problems here. I can play 1080p fullscreen videos from youtube. I have ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers running

Comment

Originally posted by icek View Post
          No problems here. I can play 1080p fullscreen videos from youtube. I have ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers running
          So, what's your secret that avoids tearing?

Comment

Hmm, I have no idea. Its ok right after instalation. But here are some things that I change after instalation:
            Compiz - disable vsync
            xorg.conf - ColorTiling On, PageFlipping On,
            /etc/adobe/mms.cfg -OverrideGPUValidation=true
            Ubuntu 10.10, Firefox 6
            Last edited by icek; 14 August 2011, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Same here. I guess you also have tearing, but you don't notice it.

Comment

Here is screenshot. It I don't see any tearing...

Comment

Originally posted by icek View Post
                  Here is screenshot. It I don't see any tearing...
                  How would you use a screenshot to show tearing? Tearing is produced by the monitor during moving/animations, and therefore can't be shown in a screenshot.

I assume you don't actually know what tearing is...

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    How would you use a screenshot to show tearing? Tearing is produced by the monitor during moving/animations, and therefore can't be shown in a screenshot.
                    I've always had pretty good luck capturing tearing - you're looking for a frame buffer change happening during screen refresh so one part of the screen shows one image and the other part shows something different (typically objects are slightly offset as a result of moving/animations).

Now, if you can't *see* the tearing (many people can't) I agree it's hard to know exactly when/where to capture it
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      I've always had pretty good luck capturing tearing - you're looking for a frame buffer change happening during screen refresh so one part of the screen shows one image and the other part shows something different (typically objects are slightly offset as a result of moving/animations).
                      That's tearing due to the compositor's framebuffer. In fullscreen, the compositor is suspended, so that can't occur.

Real tearing happens due to the monitor displaying something on it that no longer exists in the framebuffer at all. Therefore, it can't be captured with anything else than a camera pointed at the monitor.

Edit:
                      Fast moving videos should trigger it. Like this one:

This year will see the launch of many great racing games, this video shows the very best.There is not much video editing, I thought the raw footage and sound...
                      Last edited by RealNC; 14 August 2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X