Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPlayer2 Is Still Alive & Kicking

Phoronix: MPlayer2 Is Still Alive & Kicking

Back in March I reported on the MPlayer2 fork of the popular MPlayer multi-media application. MPlayer2 came as a result of one of the MPlayer developers being denounced from the group and from there the developer and others took to implementing their own desired features and functionality from a fork of the open-source code-base. But how's the MPlayer2 project now doing?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And they also threw away the unmaintainable GUI code, I think that was a wise choice (as they called it unmaintainable).

Comment

Typos: it is "mplayer2" and "MPlayer".
      Not "MPlayer2".

Comment

Well, mencoder is a cool tool. I hope they get back on their decision.

Comment

Well, mencoder is a cool tool. I hope they get back on their decision.
          Arch Linux packages it separately, is there any advantage over this approarch in including it in mplayer2 itself?

Comment

benchmark?

What about some kind of comparison. Is it really mplayer2 better than MPlayer?

Comment

VLC all the way!

Comment

mplayer2 has m2ts subtitle support, so it is definitely better. thats why i would like to see a vaapi patch for mplayer2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  mplayer2 has m2ts subtitle support, so it is definitely better. thats why i would like to see a vaapi patch for mplayer2.
                  Seconding this. vaapi support is the only missing feature now for me. Still using the mplayer-vaapi version from splitted-desktop, plus a mplayer2 binary and a regular (vanilla) mplayer binary.

Comment

yesterday I had some files that mplayer2 could not play at all, I installed Mplayer and no problem... sad cause I liked the don't unpause on fullscreen and other actions...

Comment

Working...
                    X