One Last Call To Make Novacut A Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Cloud based video editing... And who's gonna pay $120 for an internet connection with a permitting data limit?
    afaik its not cloud based and it will be able to run localy

hopefully we'll get something usable at last

Comment

Usable is only a matter of time. The groundwork for Kdenlive has already been laid. It's only a matter of time before that's finnished, stable and reliable.

This project however is not even started. Guess how long that's going to take...

Comment

Nothing will come out of it, this is vaporware. The guy will use this money to pay his bills, perhaps go on a holiday, and then maybe in a few months when all the money is spent, he'll beg for some more money. Mark my words.

Why people are willing to donate to a new project that has no track record, no sound business plan, and nothing to show but unrealistic promises only God knows.

p.s. For all those who did donate, my Nigerian friend has a very interesting business proposal for you, please pm me ASAP and I will put you in contact with him.

Comment

Usable is only a matter of time. The groundwork for Kdenlive has already been laid. It's only a matter of time before that's finnished, stable and reliable.

This project however is not even started. Guess how long that's going to take...
          i know there are projects that are usable so "usable" wasn't the right word for it

i should have written "something that can compete with the big commercial ones"

lumiera is the one that has goals to create something "professional" but there are only a few people working on it

Comment

awesome, novacut is going to make it!

$24,977

wow only a few dollars left, cant donate more, so who has some spare change?

Comment

Cloud based video editing... And who's gonna pay $120 for an internet connection with a permitting data limit?
              What the hell is a "data limit"?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                What the hell is a "data limit"?
                I believe he is referring to UBB.

Comment

he groundwork for Kdenlive has already been laid.
                  It's been laid for close to a decade now and like pretty much every other opensouce NLE available in linux seems to be going nowhere fast.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    It's been laid for close to a decade now and like pretty much every other opensouce NLE available in linux seems to be going nowhere fast.
                    That's correct. So how is Novacut going to be any different. Kdenlive is now nearing 0.8.2. Last time we talked about it on Phoronix (I believe) it was at 0.7.

Comment

Working...
                    X