GNOME & KDE Developers Go To Battle Over A Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post
    I think he should be banned from making any public statements on behalf of the KDE project, regardless of whether he will make an apology or not. This is a very bad PR move for KDE.
    The xorg mailing list isn't much better at times.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
      I think he should be banned from making any public statements on behalf of the KDE project, regardless of whether he will make an apology or not. This is a very bad PR move for KDE.
      "Kids, stay of internets!"
      *ROFLS*

Comment

If only GNOME developers and KDE developers each still put out decent desktops that were even worth using anymore, then this argument over a stupid name might actually not be a complete and total waste of everyone's time!

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          To hell with those Gnometards. KILL 'EM ALL!
          Childish comment, Not everyone loves KDE But we all love Linux so Love thy Linux neighbour
          ID Ten 2

Comment

One word for this silliness

mmmeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by carling View Post
              Not everyone loves KDE
              Just the ones that count.

Comment

we have another one

Do we have another one who thinks KDE is the be all and end all of desktops.... Grow Up a desktop is a desktop, same as a distro is a distro you either like it are you don't. In my opinion is ultimate edition (Gnome) put every distribution to shame,

Comment

Originally posted by carling View Post
                  Do we have another one who thinks KDE is the be all and end all of desktops.... Grow Up a desktop is a desktop, same as a distro is a distro you either like it are you don't. In my opinion is ultimate edition (Gnome) put every distribution to shame,
                  Chill dude, notice the emoticon?

But IMHO I do feel that Gnome is a poor excuse for a desktop. But that is just an opinion.
                  Last edited by deanjo; 23 July 2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
                    Please stop this stupid war.
                    It isn't a stupid war, there are technical reasons behind and the problem has to be solved.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                      It isn't a stupid war, there are technical reasons behind and the problem has to be solved.
                      Just curious, what are the use cases where you need both installed (switching between Gnome and KDE ?) and is there a use case where you want the System Settings from one DE visible and useable in the other ? Is this just a package name collision (in which case presumably a DE prefix would fix the problem) or is the technical issue a requirement to have cross-DE useability ?

As a user, I kinda like the idea of using the same name for the same function on different systems, but maybe that's just me
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X