Will Wayland be capable of Multiseat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Wayland be capable of Multiseat

With the way that x.org has progressed, it seems that it lost touch with multiseat capability.

How's multiseat possibility in wayland?

In X.org you can run 2 servers and then make a multiseat setup. I agree, it's not quite easy, but not impossible. I think that you can also run 2 servers with Wayland, each using a different monitor.

Comment

I hope Wayland takes this opportunity to solve multiseat once and for all. X has struggled for years trying to support every theoretical combination under the sun and it's still a nightmare to configure.

It might be best to focus on one or two common use cases in the modern age.

Lounge Room Use Case : Plugging in a HDMI TV via a second GPU port, and having that display automatically stay logged into a media center or guest account with a wireless kb/mouse controlling it. All the while the primary display can have a rotation of accounts logging on and off again.

I'd like to see Wayland solve that for the majority of users, and then drive from that towards additional capabilities.

Comment

Working...
      X